Loose glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shauna06

Reaction score
Has anyone any tips for applying loose glitter? I find that even when I brush off excess glitter and apply two top coats, you can still feel the glitter on the nail. I've tried buffing the nail when I've done one top coat and then applying another layer of top coat but it's quite time consuming. Any ideas?

I'm using gel polish, not gel.

I press the glitter well into the cured colour coat and thoroughly rub it in with the brush. Then I use a fan brush to sweep any excess away. Then I do a coat of clearly pink and then original top coat. This is completely smooth then.
I use lecente glitter and Shellac products.

I press the glitter well into the cured colour coat and thoroughly rub it in with the brush. Then I use a fan brush to sweep any excess away. Then I do a coat of clearly pink and then original top coat. This is completely smooth then.
I use lecente glitter and Shellac products.

I'm doing my own nails tonight so I'll give this a go, thank you :)

I'm doing my own nails tonight so I'll give this a go, thank you :)

By the way, I keep a separate bottle of clearly pink just for using over glitter as it inevitably gets contaminated.
My only other thought as to why you are feeling the glitter through the top coat is that perhaps the glitter is too chunky and to try a finer grade.
See how you get on tonight!

By the way, I keep a separate bottle of clearly pink just for using over glitter as it inevitably gets contaminated.
My only other thought as to why you are feeling the glitter through the top coat is that perhaps the glitter is too chunky and to try a finer grade.
See how you get on tonight!

I had thought that too, I've ordered finer glitters to see if they make any difference. Hopefully get sorted, tis the season for all things sparkly lol

When you have applied the top coat hold the hand upside down for a few seconds before curing. This brings the top coat back out from sinking inbetween the bits of glitter xx

When you have applied the top coat hold the hand upside down for a few seconds before curing. This brings the top coat back out from sinking inbetween the bits of glitter xx

Thanks for the tip! :) xx

Latest posts

Back