L'Oréal no coverage!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jo-jo

Reaction score
I used majirel 8,0 and 8,2 on a client with 75% white hair the other day after doing a colour correction with dialight 8.3 on mid length and ends, and the all over colour has come out lovely but there is a band of regrowth where the colour has not taken properly at the roots?? I left it on for correct time, anyone help?

Use 8.3 fundimental + 20 vol - roots only, it's especially formulated for white hair cover.

Use 8.3 fundimental + 20 vol - roots only, it's especially formulated for white hair cover.
Thank you red star, I am new to L'Oréal after switching from Wella.
we are aiming for a cooler brown end result, hence why I covered with 8.2 to neutralise yellow, I thought if you used say a 8.0 with a fashion shade if over 50% white hair that it would cover white hair?

Thank you red star, I am new to L'Oréal after switching from Wella.
we are aiming for a cooler brown end result, hence why I covered with 8.2 to neutralise yellow, I thought if you used say a 8.0 with a fashion shade if over 50% white hair that it would cover white hair?
Sorry I just re capped on my colour keys book, I need 8 not 8.0, I thought they all covered white

An 8.0 should cover white better than an 8 ?!

The .0s are for White coverage. I've had this problem afew times with majirel! Best advice is to make sure you use their own L'Oréal developer and make the tint slighter thicker than usual. I was using a salon services developer and it never covered greys! X
Oh my days I am so confused! So .0 is for white coverage, so why on earth did 8.0 and 8.2 not cover white hair when mixed correctly and using correct developerHelp I need to do roots again what if it doesn't cover again☹️

Oh my days I am so confused! So .0 is for white coverage, so why on earth did 8.0 and 8.2 not cover white hair when mixed correctly and using correct developerHelp I need to do roots again what if it doesn't cover again☹️

.0 = Deep. A more 'saturated' version of the regular base. :)

I use the .3 Fundimental's for white coverage......or base + fashion shade, ratio dependent on white %. :cool:

If the client has resistant hair try using the Majirel cool cover range. If it is only translucent in certain areas presoften with a fine film of neat tint in the target shade.

For better coverage imo always work the sections from nape to the crown so that all the hair is laying flat rather that standing up if that makes sense. hth

Latest posts

Back