L'Oréal Violet formulas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckygal

Reaction score
I have a client (Roughly base 4 HOME COLOUR :mad:)
Who's looking to achieve a Violet colour - picture shown.

I struggle with L'Oréal majarel Violet colours - I feel they either go too dark you can't see the tones or too red!
Any advice on a formula would be much appreciated.
(Obviously I'm removing the box dye before the tint)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-27-20-04-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-03-27-20-04-55.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 56
I really don't think you will achieve the purple in the pic with any L'Oréal colour it's to vibrant ! And looks like two different purples ... Have a look at goldwell colours if not I think you might have to use a direct dye especially to get those vibrant ends x

I have a client (Roughly base 4 HOME COLOUR :mad:)
Who's looking to achieve a Violet colour - picture shown.

I struggle with L'Oréal majarel Violet colours - I feel they either go too dark you can't see the tones or too red!
Any advice on a formula would be much appreciated.
(Obviously I'm removing the box dye before the tint)

Her hair in the picture looks like there is some high lighted purple tones.
If you use a basic level 6 it will not be dark, try 6.22 or 6.2 but add in some Majirel Violet mix to intensify the colour!
If you don't want it to look red don't use a .6 tone... stick with .2 but a lighter base.
As she is a home colour 4 you would have to strip but do a strand test first cause with home dyes a strand test actually lifts pink!
So if your going to stay with her level 4 you could use 4.20 with Violet Mix which is what i put in my hair.

There isn't a purple on any base 6 in majirel is there? Not in our colour book anyway! That's why I said you probably won't achieve it with majirel as the lightest purple is on a five and I agree they do look dark

Latest posts

Back