L'oreal Colour Advice Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all,

My client who is a base 7 was previously an all over 921 Majiblond, she was getting sick of the roots coming through and the maintenance so I recently put an all over Majirel 1/2 8.0 and 1/2 8.04 with a Richesse Developer 9 Vol. The level of colour she loved but it was a bit copper mainly around the root area ( I thought I would have to use the copper to help repig the hair and let colour grab on over the blonde). Now to even out the tone I was thinking of putting a Richesse De Diacolor all over, do you think a 8.02 would do this to kill the copper and even the tone? Also she's probably going to be missing being a blonde so do you think a few fine weaves of L'oreal Platine with 30 vol I could do in a week or so too if she misses some blonde?

All advice appreciated

Junior Stylist :confused:

is this a colour correction on what you have done? does the client want to softnen the blond or revert back to natural colour?

personally i wouldnt put the diacolour on as this would fade out too much with the copper/blond underneath. The new regrowth has grabbed more coppery from using 8.04-(which i wouldnt do on blonde hair) so i would go darker to even out tone.

To fill the hair back i personally would have gone a bit darker and used majirel 8.31 with 8 at 3% rather than 9% to match it up a bit more.

If she wants to go back to blonde i would proberly would put a few weaves in to give a bit more of a dimension! HTHs xoxo

Hi

Its not really a colour correction. The level was nice as she did want to go back to a light brown as sick of being blonde. It took well but just a wee bit coppery, I thought I had to use something with a copper to get the hair to grab colour after being a dyed blonde for years.

It was a Majirel 8.0 and 8.04 I used with the richesse releaser which is a 2.7%. Do you suggest I now use a 8.31 with the same developer??

hiya, sorry to barge into the convo, but i would do that colour as said above with a peroxide and not jus a releaser. X hth x

Latest posts

Back