L'oreal colour help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimjamjarz

Reaction score
Ok so I have a client on Friday who chose in the colour chart a 5.26 or a 5.62 (hasn't properly decided yet) but then informed me just now she only wants it in a semi .. This obviously would be fine but loreal dia richesse (the semi I use) that colour doesn't even exist!.. I've looked but I really can't find it at the wholesales or online wholesales ,, anyone know a colour that dia richesse do that looks the same? :S any help would be great it's been a long day my brains frazzled .. Thank you!!! Xxxxxx

Why did your client choose? Don't show them the chart!

Ok so I have a client on Friday who chose in the colour chart a 5.26 or a 5.62 (hasn't properly decided yet) but then informed me just now she only wants it in a semi .. This obviously would be fine but loreal dia richesse (the semi I use) that colour doesn't even exist!.. I've looked but I really can't find it at the wholesales or online wholesales ,, anyone know a colour that dia richesse do that looks the same? :S any help would be great it's been a long day my brains frazzled .. Thank you!!! Xxxxxx

Why show them the chart? They don't understand colour theory and what tge resulting shade will be on there hair. It's not like picking a lipstick

Why show them the chart? They don't understand colour theory and what tge resulting shade will be on there hair. It's not like picking a lipstick

Pressed sent too soon lol. Why not mix dia colours to personalise her red she likes mahogany violet tones on a level 5 so why not create a shade just for her?

No i showed her the chart and the colour she pointed at that she is aiming for I would need to put on her hair .26 or a .62 depending If she decides if she wants more red or not ,, x

Pressed sent too soon lol. Why not mix dia colours to personalise her red she likes mahogany violet tones on a level 5 so why not create a shade just for her?

Do you have any cocktails you like to create a nice .26 or .62 colour?? Xx

Do you have any cocktails you like to create a nice .26 or .62 colour?? Xx

I will double check my shade chart in the morn but for some reason I think one of those already excist lol..

I will double check my shade chart in the morn but for some reason I think one of those already excist lol..

I thought this !!

Really?!.. I cannot find it anywhere in wholesalers !!! X

I'm pretty sure cos I'm certain I had it on mine last time lol.. Will check in morn as I'm perplex..hard to say off top of my head cos there is such a huge range, over 90 shades in INOA alone and at least 50 dia colours

Why did your client choose? Don't show them the chart!

They have to see. Colour they like no? Even If u can't put that one u can say this we can't but we could use this one that one or etc

They have to see. Colour they like no? Even If u can't put that one u can say this we can't but we could use this one that one or etc

Never show clients a color chart. They are a professional tool, not a catalog to choose from. Those tones are placed on pure white swatches and are not true representations of the outcome of a formula. It is our job to have a creative vision for our clients. They don't really come to us to do the work themselves. They come to us for our professional input and a tailored creative vision for them.
When you let the client direct the appointment, you give away your professional power.

Colour charts shouldn't really be used for clients to 'choose' colour next time try other visual tools like magazines to gather ideas and talk to your client.

A colour chart as people have said is not a true representation of the actual colour, as a technician you have to take into account other things like the amount of grey- previous colours ect-thing a client won't take into account when looking at a shade chart.

X

Colour charts shouldn't really be used for clients to 'choose' colour next time try other visual tools like magazines to gather ideas and talk to your client.

A colour chart as people have said is not a true representation of the actual colour, as a technician you have to take into account other things like the amount of grey- previous colours ect-thing a client won't take into account when looking at a shade chart.

X

Agreed and I don't normally show them the chart at all I get them to explain or show me with a picture or in a magazine the colour they are aiming for , this is a friend however an she just showed me the colour she was aiming for and I know that what I need on her her t is a .26 or .62

I'm pretty sure cos I'm certain I had it on mine last time lol.. Will check in morn as I'm perplex..hard to say off top of my head cos there is such a huge range, over 90 shades in INOA alone and at least 50 dia colours

That would be great if you do find out then I will just have to do a high and low search haha !! X

That would be great if you do find out then I will just have to do a high and low search haha !! X

Dia richess 1/2 4.26 1/2 6.42?

Or 5.52 and 4.62..possibilities are endless xx

Dia richess 1/2 4.26 1/2 6.42?

Haha thanks I actually ended up buying these colours! Didn't see this but thank you for all your recommendations they are appreciated :) xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back