Toner problems please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBhair

Reaction score
Please help ladies😩
So my client is bleached all over and normal I do regrowth and toner as she likes to be a silver.

All of a sudden her toner just won’t stay in! She’s asked to go darker and even that won’t stay. I’m running out of ideas and to be honest feel like hanging my scissors up at this point🤦🏼‍♀️😩

I have used...

-pulp riot icy toner
-pulp riot sliver toner
- wella colour touch toner
- pulp riot smoke- semi permanent
- Dia richess silver semi permanent

She has also used a claritying shampoo to remove all product build up and she has changed her shampoo and conditioner now.

she wasn’t a to be a level 7/8 Very ash silver shade. I don’t want to put a permanent on as I don’t think that would stay either.

Sounds like her hair is very porous although toners are only meant to last a few washes, that’s why they’re toners.

If it’s noticeably different, what’s changed?

Shes using a different shampoo so what’s she’s using now?
Is she using straighteners?

Could you have accidentally overlapped the bleach?

You have to diagnose the cause before you can determine the solution.

So I definitely haven’t overlapped just regrowth.
Her hair was definitely over processed when I started doing her hair by a previous stylist.

nothing changed up until that point. It was only when the toner started to wash out after one was I suggested her to change her shampoo as she had a huge product build up. She was using ultimate blends and now uses bed head hair urban antidote shampoo and conditioner.
Yes she uses straighteners.

Have you read this thread?

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/why-does-my-colour-fade-so-quickly.322324/
Damaged porous hair plus straighteners will mean that no colour is going to stay in for long. Check if she has a temperature setting on the straighteners and get her to use the lowest heat setting.

I’d probably show her the video on your phone so she can see for herself how much colour is stripped out when using heated tools otherwise she might not accept your explanation.
Clients rarely believe that they’re causing the problem. ;)

Latest posts

Back