L'Oreal Platinium Plus or Infinie Platine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldilocks29

Reaction score
Hey geeks,

Usually a die hard Wella Blondor girl when it comes to bleach but have heard good things about both the above L'oreal products. Curious to know how others have got on with them, which one they prefer and why etc...

Very much look forward to your thoughts! :biggrin: xx

I love love Platinium!! Lifts really clean. And the hair feels like it's in great condition after using.

Best scalp bleach by far.
Nothing comes close to how well it lifts, I get a nice icey finish on my full head scalp bleach, no need to tone and my hair is quite red!
you pay the price for it though ;) x x

I just haven't been getting a really clean lift with the blue platinium recently, I like mine Ivey white but can't seem to budge it, I'm a base 8 very ashy. Puzzling me. Any advice

I just haven't been getting a really clean lift with the blue platinium recently, I like mine Ivey white but can't seem to budge it, I'm a base 8 very ashy. Puzzling me. Any advice

Oh that's odd... I'm a 7 copper gold.
I always go back through with a fresh lot of bleach, 20mins after applying. Always very fine sections, don't be stingy with the product.
And only ever use 20vol.
xx

I will try that , going over again, I'm so careful not to overlap so am probably not putting enough on maybe!? What do you tone yours with? And how long do you leave yours on with 20 vol x

Thanks everyone for the replies. I took the plunge and invested in Platinium Plus. However my nearest wholesaler only stock the corresponding Nutri-developer in 30vol / 9% & 40vol / 12% ? :sad: I usually only go in with 20 vol / 6% when I bleach (preferring to do 2 sessions if necessary and lift slowly to try and maintain condition / stop darker bases getting stuck at a yucky brassy stage).

I've ordered some 6% online - just hope it arrives tmrw as I need it for a client tomorrow evening! If not, what's your thoughts on using Platinium with 9% instead? Aiming to lift full head of virgin level 3/4 to level 9/10, then add beige low lights and tone remaining light blonde with Dia Light.

Last edited:
Definitely! Platinium x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I started using platinium and wasnt overly impressed with it to say how much it costs. I was using 30vol though would this make a big difference?
I now use loreal infinie platine - love it x

The loreal platinum free ammonia I can use up to 12% on scalp? Crazy isn't it but yeah u can ;)

I had a client base 4 very resistant. Hair is trashed but she doesn't care, used to use L'Oréal Platine with 12% in foils was normally under heat for at least 50 minutes and still was never clean enough!! She knew that I was using the strongest developer she didn't care if her hair was trashed she just wanted it super blonde. I know shouldnt be done especially with heat. But thoughts would try Platinium blue with 30vol and she had heat on for 30 minutes and it lifted to a clean 9/10 I was shocked very impressed and hair condition was so much better! I love it

The loreal platinum free ammonia I can use up to 12% on scalp? Crazy isn't it but yeah u can ;)

No hun you can only use up to 9% on scalp in the blue platinium. 12% is for free hand techniques- off scalp x

No hun you can only use up to 9% on scalp in the blue platinium. 12% is for free hand techniques- off scalp x

Is it
Thought I read in the box u could with the free ammonia one lol thankss xx

Is it
Thought I read in the box u could with the free ammonia one lol thankss xx

Platinium Plus Blue is not Ammonia Free. Platinium Pink is.

Im very intrested by this "Infinie Platine" bleach from Lo'real, its blue powder ?
Wich peroxide/developer is best to mix it with? is the "L'Oreal Professionnel Platinium Creme Oxydant" to recommend?

Im very intrested by this "Infinie Platine" bleach from Lo'real, its blue powder ?
Wich peroxide/developer is best to mix it with? is the "L'Oreal Professionnel Platinium Creme Oxydant" to recommend?

Its not platinium so i wouldn't use it with that releaser. yep its blue powder and i use the normal L'oreal peroxides! X

Edit*
just noticed you're not in the hair trade. were you asking to use this on yourself? Its very strong stuff and would not recommended use unless applied by a hair professional x

Last edited:
Its not platinium so i wouldn't use it with that releaser. yep its blue powder and i use the normal L'oreal peroxides! X

Edit*
just noticed you're not in the hair trade. were you asking to use this on yourself? Its very strong stuff and would not recommended use unless applied by a hair professional x

thanx for reply!! Its the "L'Oreal Professionnel Oxydant Cream Peroxide" ? :)

No im not in hair trade, absolutley,i know for non-qualified use its not to recommend,its very strong products.
I have mixed with bleach by my own in many years, I used proffesional bleach before,platinker, kleral system . peroxide 9% (30 vol)

this infinine platine seems intresting when it contains pro keratine. :cool:

Latest posts

Back