L'Oreal Ultrablond recalled

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all due respect, honey, I am a colour tech with several advanced master courses under my belt.
I noticed on every client I looked after they were warm including my stylist colleagues (who confirmed it wasnt m6 tiny little mind)
so Im 99% certain it was down to the colour. What with the same clients not having hot foils when I used Koleston on their hair for the last ten years and all that jazz.:what::what:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

New members are not psychic, and this information is not on your profile, we recently upgraded so that all your work experience and qualifications can be added to your profile. Maybe if you filled that out these little misunderstandings wouldn't arise ;)

New members are not psychic, and this information is not on your profile, we recently upgraded so that all your work experience and qualifications can be added to your profile. Maybe if you filled that out these little misunderstandings wouldn't arise ;)

No but I am obviously a qualified stylist since I am doing paying clients using a professional product. Sometimes jumping in with information (incorrect) on metalic salts etc which I learned in hairdressing 101 is a bit condescending. If I could figure out my new phone and hadn't killed my laptop with red wine I would be all over the updates. Unfortunately im a techno phobe so if Adam has any information on how to operate the samsung S4 then I would more then happily listen ;) :);):D

With all due respect, honey, I am a colour tech with several advanced master courses under my belt.
I noticed on every client I looked after they were warm including my stylist colleagues (who confirmed it wasnt m6 tiny little mind)
so Im 99% certain it was down to the colour. What with the same clients not having hot foils when I used Koleston on their hair for the last ten years and all that jazz.:what::what:

Hi Nearlyme,
As an experienced colourist I'm sure that you already know that when foils start heating up it usually means something is reacting with the colour, but my comments weren't directed at you personally - just wanted to let any other, possibly less experienced colourist know what can happen if they notice their foils heating up (with any product).

I haven't heard of the Ultra Blond heating up before, but maybe others have noticed this also? I didn't use too much of it myself, but I none of my colleagues noticed this. Maybe it is normal for the ultra blond to generate some amount of heat??

As a general rule though I would be concerned if this happened with any product.

I've had some lovely results with UB , agree with a previous reply , back to wella as majiblond is atrocious !

No but I am obviously a qualified stylist since I am doing paying clients using a professional product. Sometimes jumping in with information (incorrect) on metalic salts etc which I learned in hairdressing 101 is a bit condescending. If I could figure out my new phone and hadn't killed my laptop with red wine I would be all over the updates. Unfortunately im a techno phobe so if Adam has any information on how to operate the samsung S4 then I would more then happily listen ;) :);):D

Hey sorry if I came across as condescending, that definitely wasn't my intention!
Can't help with your samsung I'm afraid :)

Hey sorry if I came across as condescending, that definitely wasn't my intention!
Can't help with your samsung I'm afraid :)

No offence taken. Its obvious you know a lot and that sometimes it all comes spewing (eww what a nasty word) out without first thinking about who you may be talking to.
Maybe "oh I hadnt noticed that do you think it could possibly be blah blah blah" rather then "well that is because of blah blah blah blah blah". Sounds a bit less "preachy" when you enter into a dialog rather then sharing your impressively encyclopedic knowlege straight away.

Now that is sorted I would be interested to see other people's thoughts xx

i Phoned my old loreal rep she said the reason its been reacalled is due to some customers experiencing sever burns and discoformt. Could be a fauty batch or a major issue.

I thought so x

we have just taken on the Fudge range of colors and there NEW hi lift blondes are out of this world, they are clean and very fresh looking, the speed 2 lightening system is out of this world, do consider Fudge colors they are fantastic

we have just taken on the Fudge range of colors and there NEW hi lift blondes are out of this world, they are clean and very fresh looking, the speed 2 lightening system is out of this world, do consider Fudge colors they are fantastic

I have a meeting with their rep next week

Let us know what they say.

well to begin with we purchased several colors to try out and a hi lift blonde box which was good value. i think, and we loved them, then we got a intro kit for £xxx and got all the colors and loads of freebies and a wicked demo in salon, we purchased some electric scales from argos they were about £20 and we just so love it, as the color range is 2 things in one, it is permament color and also a demi in one range, so it is great value

Did anyone notice Inoa Ultra.blonde getting hot when it wasn't in foils i.e. when doing a global application or regrowth?

If not, do you think it might be some erroneous ingredient in either the developer or colour that reacts with aluminium - the same stuff used in foils, pin tail combs and section clips? :o

Did anyone notice Inoa Ultra.blonde getting hot when it wasn't in foils i.e. when doing a global application or regrowth?

If not, do you think it might be some erroneous ingredient in either the developer or colour that reacts with aluminium - the same stuff used in foils, pin tail combs and section clips? :o

I did several root application with no problems. Although new development today. Had one of my regulars in today for her full head foils, last time I used the inoa and it was beautiful but when I was doing her hls today using koleston I noticed A LOT of breakage and only on her hls :(

I think that breakage is the problem. I don't think that they should put these products out without full testing. If a client has breakage on their hair the only person they are going to blame is the hairdresser.

Dear all,

I decided to write here since I really don't know where to find any help with my hair.
I'm using Innoa since it came to Croatia. I was always going on blond and was so happy when they got in my salon the Innoa ultra blond.

They dyed my hair only 2 times with Innoa ultra blond in June and July in 2013. I wasn't very satisfied so we switched to Innoa.

I always had beautiful hair and was very happy with it. I used always professional products such as L'oreal professional and now for years Kerastase.

My problems started afer the dying with Innoa ultra blond. Today my hair is a mess. I had to short it, it's dry and terrible even after I dry it with all the profi dryers, tratments etc.

Today I went again to my hairdresser for coloring and had to cut off again a lot of my hair. She told me finally why my hair is so terrible for months - Innoa ultra blond was recalled because it caused massive hair breakage to a lady in Croatia (she told me only about this case) - that lady had long hair and on her 3rd coloring with that hair color hair started to break...they shortened her hair to 2 cm....

My hair in some places is also broken to few cm's....it looks terrible. I really don't know what to do since I never had this problem and my hair is a part of me....I can't shorten it to few cm's since I'really tall and not so skinny 30 yrs old woman.

I can post my photos before and after so that you can see what I'm writing about but it won't give me back my hair....I'm not a hairdresser but I'm in love with my hair and this just ruined me and my self confidence.

If you know what to do now and how to help me and my hair, please let me know. Also, let know others what is really the cause of recalling that color.

Bye, Ivana

Dear all,

I decided to write here since I really don't know where to find any help with my hair.
I'm using Innoa since it came to Croatia. I was always going on blond and was so happy when they got in my salon the Innoa ultra blond.

They dyed my hair only 2 times with Innoa ultra blond in June and July in 2013. I wasn't very satisfied so we switched to Innoa.

I always had beautiful hair and was very happy with it. I used always professional products such as L'oreal professional and now for years Kerastase.

My problems started afer the dying with Innoa ultra blond. Today my hair is a mess. I had to short it, it's dry and terrible even after I dry it with all the profi dryers, tratments etc.

Today I went again to my hairdresser for coloring and had to cut off again a lot of my hair. She told me finally why my hair is so terrible for months - Innoa ultra blond was recalled because it caused massive hair breakage to a lady in Croatia (she told me only about this case) - that lady had long hair and on her 3rd coloring with that hair color hair started to break...they shortened her hair to 2 cm....

My hair in some places is also broken to few cm's....it looks terrible. I really don't know what to do since I never had this problem and my hair is a part of me....I can't shorten it to few cm's since I'really tall and not so skinny 30 yrs old woman.

I can post my photos before and after so that you can see what I'm writing about but it won't give me back my hair....I'm not a hairdresser but I'm in love with my hair and this just ruined me and my self confidence.

If you know what to do now and how to help me and my hair, please let me know. Also, let know others what is really the cause of recalling that color.

Bye, Ivana

My phone is playing silly beggers.

Tell the salon you want them to contact loreal and that you wish to make a claim with them regarding your hair. X

It got recalled in uk from last August due to some "problems" no real reason given but saw a thread on here saying similar as you. I was about to buy it in & get my training in it but I'm so glad they recalled it before I did. I'm amazed a company the size of loreal hadn't thoroughly tested it before doing a massive campaign about how great it was & persuading loads of salons to shell out tons of money to buy it in! I won't be rushing to get it when they relaunch it, trust in their product has gone for me!

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

It causes burns and a fizzing on scalps, and we were asked to destroy our tester boxes. We use Nectaya and I heard that highlifts are soon to be added to this range.

Thanks for answering me.

I was thinking to contact L'oreal however I really don't know if it will help...I mean, nothing can help anymore my hair.
I have the same hairdresser since I was 15 years old she was always the best hairdresser in the place I live but now I think of changing hairdresser also.
Can you recommend anything to make my hair stronger? I just bought a 3 month long treatment from Inneov for better growth and volume (pills). I also use resistance line from Kerastase.

As you can see, I'm pretty desperate. Even if I contact L'oreal how to prove my hair gone bad from that ****ty color???

Latest posts

Back