Losing faith with tanning lotions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bridget1802

Reaction score
Evening

Can anyone give me any advice, i have been tanning for a couple of years now, and have used a few brands i started with couture and moved to tantrick, but after receiving some that went speckly, the supplier offered me some organics which i had already tried, The organics has been great so far i had a bottle of rapid which i have hardly used over half a bottle of the dark left but it has started speckling again, so i thought i would get a new gun ordered to make sure the needle and all was all sorted, so i spent 30 on new gun for my machine and went out to tan tonight and same again, luckily i had some couture in my tan bag and i had to switch and use that instead and offer a discount
I have heard nothing but good reviews on the organics and know its a premium brand and i have been happy to pay it as it wears off great and doesnt dry your skin out...is this something i am doing wrong? any suggestions?:?:

Thanks
Vicky

I had nothing but problems with organics/NKD. Aprat fromt the bottles being well short of the amount they should have been, organics was far too thick, NKD went green less than a month after it had been opened. I have now switched to Fresh Indulgence, lovely tan, organic and a lot more reasonably priced than orgaincs. Also fantastic customer service.

My advice try other brands :)

Thanks it is a very thick solution I just can't understand it, i have done loads of tans out of the bottle and never had any problems with it i was pleased with it as had problems with the Tantrick, It's likely I will have to change becuase if i am loosing faith in the product god knows what my clients think, I will ring them in the morning and see what the supplier suggests, and hoping the speckles wash off my sister in the morning :lol:

I had nothing but problems with organics/NKD. Aprat fromt the bottles being well short of the amount they should have been, organics was far too thick, NKD went green less than a month after it had been opened. I have now switched to Fresh Indulgence, lovely tan, organic and a lot more reasonably priced than orgaincs. Also fantastic customer service.

I agree. I haven't used a nicer tan and the customer service is the best x

Anyone else having problems with Organics? My first bottle was perfect then, 2nd bottle have way through started pebble dashing, then next 2 bottles did it right away, and new re jigged soloution was ok for 2 sprays then had done the same :( I love the colour the customer service is fantastic but having to kinda rub clients hands after and reassure them that the body will be fine the next day is putting me off. I also use Xen Tan and its always fine, but its a lot thinner that organics. I took my gun apart as much as I could (fake bake white piggy with orange on gun, it does not come apart completely! lol) I always clean it well even let in soak for an hour sometimes so its not the gun! Wondering if it could be tan is not suitable for the hvlp700 machine???? xx

I used to use organics but I thought I had changed the last couple of bottles I had. My friend used it too and thought the same. Now I use nouvatan and i love it and so does my clients. Much better price too!

I have previously had speckling with my machine and didn't know what on earth was wrong. Eventually I realised that it was down to the pick up spout (straw thing) in the bottle..it needs to be pushed right up into the gun. I don't know if this is what you are experiencing but thought it might be worth mentioning, just in case :)

Wondering if it could be tan is not suitable for the hvlp700 machine???? xx

I doubt if that would be the problem as another poster said they found it to be a fairly thick solution, that would definitely be unsuitable for an Airbrush system if it is thick. I tried a sample last week and have had no problems. I wonder what could be causing this.

Probably the best advice is to call your supplier. (Who did you buy it from, was it from Big Red Beauty or one of their distributors?)
I occasionally used to get spattering from LA Tanning but it was usually the little spout not properly attached when in a hurry after cleaning the gun,( causing too much air to be sucked so not a constant flow of solution) or altering the settings mid-tan. It has never caused a client with a freckly tan after their bath or shower so I haven't ever offered discounts for faint spattering whilst tanning. It is only the guide color and the DHA always seems to develop very evenly. Hope those tans came out nice anyway. Please let us know how it went.

Evening

Can anyone give me any advice, i have been tanning for a couple of years now, and have used a few brands i started with couture and moved to tantrick, but after receiving some that went speckly, the supplier offered me some organics which i had already tried, The organics has been great so far i had a bottle of rapid which i have hardly used over half a bottle of the dark left but it has started speckling again, so i thought i would get a new gun ordered to make sure the needle and all was all sorted, so i spent 30 on new gun for my machine and went out to tan tonight and same again, luckily i had some couture in my tan bag and i had to switch and use that instead and offer a discount
I have heard nothing but good reviews on the organics and know its a premium brand and i have been happy to pay it as it wears off great and doesnt dry your skin out...is this something i am doing wrong? any suggestions?:?:

Thanks
Vicky

Hi love, when did you finish your training and who did you train with? I had to pop over to your profile page to see if you had any training as it seems you havent updated your details yet. I was at first going to tell you to get training as it doesn't state that you are a tanning professional. Others might also think the same and not bother to reply to your answer, which means you could lose out on some really good advice.:D

Hope the tans came out well, let us know how it went

Another reason apart from the spout or settings on the gun could be that you are not holding the gun fairly upright. If you are turning it to get to hard to reach areas the liquid sometimes doesnt get picked up by the spout, it only sucks air which then spatters any solution left in the "needle" iykwim, it is hard to explain. I used to get this when spraying myself as there are times when the gun is almost upside down, now I am double jointed no more upside down gun.LOL

Evening

Thanks
Vicky

Its difficult to tell if you are doing anything wrong here without knowing a bit more detail.
You say you have some solution left and at first all was well....how long have you had the solution and how has it been stored ?

What type of system are you using HVLP or airbrush as the figure you quoted for a new gun is very low ??

I remember the problems you were experiencing which was a shame
I seem to recall that shortages in amounts in solution were adequately replaces with free product:wink2:

In terms of the consistency organics solution ,given that it is based on organics ingredients was rather gloppy initially which isn't ideal when using an airbrush system which I seem to recall you use.

It was following this that we made changes to the formulation so it was less gloppy and therefore more suitable for both HVLP and airbrush systems

HTH :hug:

Thanks it is a very thick solution I just can't understand it, i have done loads of tans out of the bottle and never had any problems with it i was pleased with it as had problems with the Tantrick, It's likely I will have to change because if i am loosing faith in the product god knows what my clients think, I will ring them in the morning and see what the supplier suggests, and hoping the speckles wash off my sister in the morning :lol:

Our previous distributors did have some stocks which were possibly near there overdue date and maybe this could very well be the problem however I suspect it could be further compounded by the length of time you have had the solution if you aren't using much

If you would like to PM me your full addy I will happily arrange for replacement solution to be sent out to you as the previouse distributer will not have any stocks now

....we want only totally satisfied customers :hug:

Anyone else having problems with Organics? My first bottle was perfect then, 2nd bottle have way through started pebble dashing, then next 2 bottles did it right away, and new re jigged solution was ok for 2 sprays then had done the same :( I love the colour the customer service is fantastic but having to kinda rub clients hands after and reassure them that the body will be fine the next day is putting me off. I also use Xen Tan and its always fine, but its a lot thinner that organics. I took my gun apart as much as I could (fake bake white piggy with orange on gun, it does not come apart completely! lol) I always clean it well even let in soak for an hour sometimes so its not the gun! Wondering if it could be tan is not suitable for the hvlp700 machine???? xx

The organics solution should be fine with the type of system you have ..especially now it has been reformulated and is far less gloppy than originally

If you have experienced difficulties with solution purchased via our previous distributors I am more than happy to replace this for you from our fresh
stocks
:hug:
HTH

I remember the problems you were experiencing which was a shame
I seem to recall that shortages in amounts in solution were adequately replaces with free product:wink2:

In terms of the consistency organics solution ,given that it is based on organics ingredients was rather gloppy initially which isn't ideal when using an airbrush system which I seem to recall you use.

It was following this that we made changes to the formulation so it was less gloppy and therefore more suitable for both HVLP and airbrush systems

I didn't find it thick so this explains why then,as I was wondering.

Strange how people are always so quick to report the negatives but not the positives ( such as the free product sent to replace shortages:() Accidents and mistakes do happen unfortunately but the way we rectify them is what we hope to be remembered for, not the mistake itself. I am not saying that it was Collins mistake, just mistakes we all make in general

I didn't find it thick so this explains why then,as I was wondering.

Strange how people are always so quick to report the negatives but not the positives ( such as the free product sent to replace shortages:() Accidents and mistakes do happen unfortunately but the way we rectify them is what we hope to be remembered for, not the mistake itself. I am not saying that it was Collins mistake, just mistakes we all make in general

Im glad your questions in your mind have been answered and I was pleased to hear you were happy with the results when you tested the product yourself .

Its always important when manufacturing to listen to customers feedback and react in an appropriate manner...the only way to attain the best products on the market is to listen to what people have to say and react appropriately.

No wasn't my mistake lol as it seems it was a distributors problem however as the manufacturer I/we are here to help customers that have previously experienced any difficulties :hug:

straw defo in place ;) I did call wow factor but I just wondered if anyone else had had problems with the tan, Colin the new reformulated one is still as thick as the oringial organics I just wondered if the hvlp 700 maybe didn't like thicker solutions? lol I was going to change to organics altogether (I have been using Xen tan for my lighter tans) but if Its going to spray like this I just cant, just don't know what the issue is arg! lol
Customer service is alway brilliant and I was sent the new bottle free, I also love the colour just cant be pebble dashing folks :o xx

straw defo in place ;) I did call wow factor but I just wondered if anyone else had had problems with the tan, Colin the new reformulated one is still as thick as the oringial organics I just wondered if the hvlp 700 maybe didn't like thicker solutions? lol I was going to change to organics altogether (I have been using Xen tan for my lighter tans) but if Its going to spray like this I just cant, just don't know what the issue is arg! lol
Customer service is alway brilliant and I was sent the new bottle free, I also love the colour just cant be pebble dashing folks :o xx

Ahhh so now all becomes clear ...if you had a replacement solution sent to you by wow factor then you would have been sent a replacement of the original solution as they never stocked the new formulation which explains why it was still as thick as your first bottle.

If you do like the product as you say you do and the only problem is the consistency then the new formulation is well worth a try

If you want to pm me your addy I will happily send you out a sample to test together with our new EGO organic solution which is even less viscose as the new organics formulation

Latest posts

Back