Lots of Creative questions - help please!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

julieanne27uk

Reaction score
Hi all!!

Wonder if anyone could give me some basic info on Creative courses. I've read so many good things about them on here. I am going to ring them up to get some info, but can't do until I get home from work. Sorry for being so impatient, but I want to know now!! :biggrin:
I've done my Vtct about 18 months ago, but don't do nails for a full time job. I don't feel anywhere near as "educated" as I should be:o and so was thinking of doing the foundation course rather than the conversion, is this a good idea?? Does anyone know what it costs (I already have a nail trainer), what do you learn and where their training centre is in Manchester/Cheshire?? Also, how often do they run?

Sorry for asking so many questions in one go!!:o

Julie x

:) Hi all. Firstly I just wanted to say that I'm so addicted to this site now!! Used to be Ebay (saddo - I know) but I just sit here for hours reading and reading - I'm going cross-eyed! Ha ha!

Right ladies and gents I have a dilemma and I'd like somebody to tell me the answer. This may be a bit long winded but I'll get to the point.

Two days ago I called Creative Head Office and enquired about Conversion Courses. I too have heard so much about Creative products and am desperate to try them out (the cheap stuff I use lifts and I'm sick of it!) Anyway, they told me the course was £79.31 Vat inclusive and I get the kit worth £120. 'Great' I thought. I was then given the number for my local Creative Training Salon - who I called promptly and enquired about the conversion course. Next one is on 22nd June 04 - which I am provisionally booked on but they are charging me £160 odd quid!!! The lady who owns the salon has bought the Creative Rights in my home town and can basically charge whatever she likes!!!!!! Is this allowed? I'm going to have to pay it because she is the only one there is but I just feel like I'm being ripped off. She's charging more than double the actual price?

Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly received.

Hope you're all fine and dandy?

Thanx...... :eek:

Sherry2k said:
:) Hi all. Firstly I just wanted to say that I'm so addicted to this site now!! Used to be Ebay (saddo - I know) but I just sit here for hours reading and reading - I'm going cross-eyed! Ha ha!

Right ladies and gents I have a dilemma and I'd like somebody to tell me the answer. This may be a bit long winded but I'll get to the point.

Two days ago I called Creative Head Office and enquired about Conversion Courses. I too have heard so much about Creative products and am desperate to try them out (the cheap stuff I use lifts and I'm sick of it!) Anyway, they told me the course was £79.31 Vat inclusive and I get the kit worth £120. 'Great' I thought. I was then given the number for my local Creative Training Salon - who I called promptly and enquired about the conversion course. Next one is on 22nd June 04 - which I am provisionally booked on but they are charging me £160 odd quid!!! The lady who owns the salon has bought the Creative Rights in my home town and can basically charge whatever she likes!!!!!! Is this allowed? I'm going to have to pay it because she is the only one there is but I just feel like I'm being ripped off. She's charging more than double the actual price?

Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly received.

Hope you're all fine and dandy?

Thanx...... :eek:

All the Creative Nail Academies
charge the same for classes. Can't think who you are talking about ... no one has 'bought' Creative rights for a town!! If this person is running a private nail school, then she is NOT part of the Creative Nail Academy Network.
I think you should pm the Geek and inform him of this situation.

I called the Scotland H.O and they've now told me that the course is £79.31 inclusive of VAT plus £67.50 for the kit plus VAT which works out at £167.44. I wish they'd told me about that at the time! I feel like such a dork but however, it seems like I'm not being ripped off and this is infact the full price for the Conversion Course across the board.

Anyway, I'll be there on the 22nd of June and can't wait to start using Creative products. Wish me luck!!!

Thanks.

I was wondering if anybody would be interested in selling me a Creative Practise Hand? PM me if you do!

Thanx

I am probably going to put a spanner in the works here!! When i did my conversion it think i paid around £90 inclusive of vat (don't quote me on that)
and that was for the days training and the kit??? If i remember rightly the training was free you just pay for the kit?
Has everything changed now???

hi just looked t up the conversion is £67.50 plus vat this includes the kit worth £120

I wonder what's going on here then?

England H.O told me £79.31 and Scotland have told me £167.44.

I'm going to have to call THE H.O asap to find out exactly what is going on!

This is crazy!

Thanx Emma.

You may be getting quoted for a one-to-one session which is £35 per hour and understandably more expensive. The class costs £67.50 plus VAT, with a maximum of 8 students. Hope this helps.

I have emailed Liz Omar (Team Leader of the Creative Academy Advisors) at head office and asked her to respond.
Let's all settlle down and wait till Monday when I'm sure all will be made clear.

I was also told last year by Scotlands HO that it would be approx £160 which included the kit for a conversion course,and I just couldn't afford that kind of outlay at that time here's hoping this may change as Id love to do the conversion course.

Jenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back