Lower arm wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna from Toronto

Reaction score
Quick poll:
When you was the lower arm with strip wax how do you apply it/pull it?
- elbow to wrist all around or
- exactly how the hair grows (so kind of sideway on the outside of the arm)
TIA

Edited to correct:
Oh man, it was late when I wrote it. OF COURSE wrist to elbow on the underside part.

Last edited:
hi. I use lots of powder on arms and i go from elbow down to wrist but along the hair (so yes its a bit sideways. I find on arms i need a fair bit of powder as the skin can lift otherwise in little areas. Does any one else find this? If not, maybe its my strip wax?

hi. I use lots of powder on arms and i go from elbow down to wrist but along the hair (so yes its a bit sideways. I find on arms i need a fair bit of powder as the skin can lift otherwise in little areas. Does any one else find this? If not, maybe its my strip wax?

Which wax do you use?
I use tiny bit of oil before I wax (PR Ocean Clear)
Although today I tried Lycon Lycotech white strip wax and they don't recommend oil. Awesome wax!

Arms aint fun! On the inner arm 3/4 non strip lines from the elbow joint to the wrist and on the outer strip wax around the arm like a braclet. Apply with the direction remove against.

I hate doing arms, arms and thighs are my waxing nemesis! Lol

LOWER ARM WAXING WITH STRIP WAX

Your client can be sitting, laying or standing……it doesn’t matter.

Cleanse the arm and apply a little oil

Take your clients hand and stretch their arm straight out so that there’s and arms distance between you.

Holding their hand, turn their arm out the side so that their thumb is on top and pointing at you. You’ll note that the hair tend to grow straight down on this part onto the hand.

Take some strip wax and give one long swipe of wax from the crease of the elbow right down onto just above the thumb. Take a strip and bracing the arm from underneath, remove the wax and hair quickly without stopping from the hand up to the crease of the elbow in a straight line.

Now bend your client’s arm up towards the ceiling so that you’re now looking at the underside from the elbow up to the little finger. Take your wax and this time swipe it from the wrist towards the elbow as it tends to grow upwards on this part.

Take a strip and remove from the elbow downwards to the wrist.

So now you’re left with the hair that grows around the arm. Don’t complicate things by trying to apply the wax around the arm. Hold the arm out straight again and swipe the wax downwards from the crease of the elbow down onto the hand.

HOWEVER!!!!! You don’t remove the hair upwards as you’ll break it. Brace the arm from underneath as you won’t have hair or wax there now as you’ve already removed it.

Take a strip and remove the hair from the side of the lower arm in the opposite direction that it’s growing. Do it just up to the long bone in the forearm. You’ll still be bracing the arm from underneath.

Then you’ll do exactly the same on the remaining strip of hair on the forearm (the fleshy part), making sure that you remove the hair in the opposite direction that it grows.

Finish off the hands and check over to be thorough.

When you’re done, apply a good amount of oil and rub it into the entire lower arm and hands so that it’s not sticky.

TIP: With strip wax, it doesn’t matter which direction that you apply it in but you MUST make a mental note of the way that it's growing so that you can remove it in the opposite direction and pull the strip flat and not upwards.

Copyright: Kim Lawless 2013

Arms aint fun! On the inner arm 3/4 non strip lines from the elbow joint to the wrist and on the outer strip wax around the arm like a braclet. Apply with the direction remove against.

Interesting how you combine both hard and soft wax!
Do you find the hard wax more gentle for the inner part of the arm?

LOWER ARM WAXING WITH STRIP WAX

(....)

So now you’re left with the hair that grows around the arm. Don’t complicate things by trying to apply the wax around the arm. Hold the arm out straight again and swipe the wax downwards from the crease of the elbow down onto the hand.

HOWEVER!!!!! You don’t remove the hair upwards as you’ll break it. Brace the arm from underneath as you won’t have hair or wax there now as you’ve already removed it.

Take a strip and remove the hair from the side of the lower arm in the opposite direction that it’s growing. Do it just up to the long bone in the forearm. You’ll still be bracing the arm from underneath.

Then you’ll do exactly the same on the remaining strip of hair on the forearm (the fleshy part), making sure that you remove the hair in the opposite direction that it grows.

(....)

TIP: With strip wax, it doesn’t matter which direction that you apply it in but you MUST make a mental note of the way that it's growing so that you can remove it in the opposite direction and pull the strip flat and not upwards.

Copyright: Kim Lawless 2013

Kim, this is priceless!
Applying the wax up and down and then removing the strips sideways! I was always fiddling with applying the wax sideways
Thank you soooo much!

Just can't picture it Kim maybe another little video would help :) xx

Yeah just more gentle as this can be a sensitive area liable to brusing. But strip wax is fine if you are careful to brace the skin...careful around the crease of the elbow! And I combine the use of the two waxes on nearly every area of the body.

Sorry to jump in but if you're careful to apply the wax super thin and you brace the flesh, you don't need to use two types of wax.

Latest posts

Back