Loyalty cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah87

Reaction score
Hello
Does anyone offer loyalty cards for clients?
I want to offer them but unsure of what line to go down as I don't want to put myself out of pocket.
Thanks Sarah

Hey Sarah :) I offer gift cards, service cards and a loyalty program at my barbershop, but mine is a part of a salon soft I use. Are you looking to have customers use these cards for services, points, or...?

Hi,
I think loyalty cards work well if your salon is in an area where you have a lot of competition from other salons, especially if they offer cheap deals all the time.
Yes - i think clients like a loyalty card - who doesn't like a freebie here or there...but, is it good for your business? That is the tricky question.

If you think your clients might stray to other salons that offer the same as you, then it is worth doing.
If you feel your clients will continue to book faithfully with you because you offer a unique service, then it's not worth doing - keep your profit.

From the practical aspects - it's easy enough to get pre-printed cards from somewhere like Vistaprint for example or you can print your own at home.
In the salon:
- you have to remember to fill in their card each time
- all staff have to do it
- clients will constantly ask YOU to keep their card for them (!!!)
- what rewards will you give?
- terms & conditions to set before you launch the scheme

Difficult decision to make I know. But remember - you will have to offer it for years to come if you go ahead!

I use loyalty cards. I give 1 stamp per appointment.

3 stamps = 10% off
5 stamps = 20% off

My prices are £24-£34 for acrylics.

You need to be working out what the value of each set would be if your client uses their card for each appointment (I have a lot that forget their cards so they go without), this will then tell you what each appointment is worth and whether your hourly rate is still enough.

Many clients are happy to not use their cards which is lovely but for those who do it's a great incentive and has worked for me.

Here is how I would work out the overall discount over 5 appointments.

£24 per set (cheapest option)
£24+£24+£21.60+£24+£19.20=£112.80

So per appointment they are paying £22.56

£34 per set (highest priced set)
£34+£34+£30.60+£34+£27.20 = £159.80

Per appointment they are paying £31.96

These prices in my area are still at the higher end but the clients feel like they're getting a good deal on their discount stamp days!

Hope all this makes sense, for me, it was really worth doing.

Latest posts

Back