Loyalty cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boop

Reaction score
Hi

For those of you that offer loyalty cards to clients, if you are offering, for example, pay for 5 treatments and get the 6th free, do you require all the treatments to be the same?

I am wondering how to play this because if someone pays for 5 eyebrow tidys and then asks for the free treatment to be a set of acrylics, surely this would not be worthwhile.

What do you guys do??

consider it for a value - i run it within my salon and only give a 'stamp' for every £10 the client spends. so much easier than for treatments as my clients tried to have 6 ebw and then nail ext for free.:)

The place where I used to work had a loyalty card & you got a sticker for every treatment you had on which was written the number of points per treatment (I think it was one point per £5). So if you spent £20 you got a sticker with 4 points written on it. When you had six stickers the number of points were added up & you got a free treatment of that value (it basically worked out that the value of the free treatment was one sixth of what they had spent over the six treatments).

At the moment im only doing nails am as incentives im doing 1-full set 2- full set 3-pay for full set get free simple nail art 4-full set 5- full set 6 full set get free simple nail art and free gems 7-full set 8-full set and 9 full set for half price ...... i am giving away free nail art because if i do it simple it dosent cost me much and hopefully will give them something to come back for. and if they see it once and love it next time they would pay ?? if i did everytime u visited u get a stamp i e 1st time u pay for full set 2nd time u pay for infills then it wouldnt be worth it i dont personally think, only because infills are cheaper and i want them to keep coming back for full sets so i get more money and more custom hopefully!! x

i have loyalty cards where you get 5 treatments and get the 6th free, i do state it has to be the same 5 treatments tho! i use a business card design and i added the clients name to the card and the treatment so friends couldnt share cards!

so if a client has nails and lashes done with me they could have 2 cards running at the same time, one for their lash treatments and one for their nails!
hope this helps x

We have a business card type design, with the clients name and a 6 month expiry on it.

The client gets a stamp everytime they spend over £25 in a visit. On the 6th stamp they can choose a gift from a range of products and treatments. Typically a 30 minute treatment (they can choose from 2 or 3 different treatments which vary from month to month depending on what we want to promote), or a product that usually costs us around £5 to purchase but with a retail value of around £10.

This seems to go down really well with the clients and actually costs us very little, so everyone is happy :)

can someone tell me how they word there loyalty cards and do you put at the end that the treatments have to be the same or for the same value and if so can you tell me how you word that lol im prob confusing you all now

can someone tell me how they word there loyalty cards and do you put at the end that the treatments have to be the same or for the same value and if so can you tell me how you word that lol im prob confusing you all now

the front of my cards have:
company name, logal, "loyalty card", tel and email

and the back have:
5 stamp shaped boxes, then underneath "have 5 treatments and get the 6th treatment free!" and under that i have "name...................." and "treatment........................"

hope this helps

the front of my cards have:
company name, logal, "loyalty card", tel and email

and the back have:
5 stamp shaped boxes, then underneath "have 5 treatments and get the 6th treatment free!" and under that i have "name...................." and "treatment........................"

hope this helps

hi hun yes this does help thanks.. do you put down anywhere that the treatments have to be the same i want to put this but cant think how to word it lol im not with it today at all x

i dont write it ont he cards, i just write what treatment the card is for on the card and then explain it to my client that they have to have 5 of the same treatment to get their free treatment (again the same treatment)

thanks hun i think ill do the same x

As a new business I wanted to reward and incentivise my clients so that they would come back regularly. To do this I put a time limit on the loyalty scheme.

On the front of my business card I have
Name: _______________

On the back I have the terms and condition plus 6 boxes.

When they spend a minimum of £25 per visit, I sign the back of the card. Collect 6 stamps within 6 months and get £25 off the next treatment or product.

My current loyalty scheme runs for 6 months.

As my business grows I will reduce it to 5 or 4 months. What I did was work out what the average spend was and made sure most clients can get a stamp. I want them to think they can keep up with a wax/facial/massage every month. Even if they spilt their treatments up and came in on different occassions it would still be good for me. To be honest, clients have said coming in separately if very time consuming for them so they are still bulking booking the treatments. This works out even better for me!

At the moment im only doing nails am as incentives im doing 1-full set 2- full set 3-pay for full set get free simple nail art 4-full set 5- full set 6 full set get free simple nail art and free gems 7-full set 8-full set and 9 full set for half price ...... i am giving away free nail art because if i do it simple it dosent cost me much and hopefully will give them something to come back for. and if they see it once and love it next time they would pay ?? if i did everytime u visited u get a stamp i e 1st time u pay for full set 2nd time u pay for infills then it wouldnt be worth it i dont personally think, only because infills are cheaper and i want them to keep coming back for full sets so i get more money and more custom hopefully!! x

Whaaat?:?: Dont get it

I think they should all be for the same service I'm not sure about the expiry date tho it could work as it would then be to encourage regular repeat business and clients may make the effort if they knew something free was coming up.

I have a "Customer Loyalty Rewards Card" where customers get 10% off 2nd visit, 25% off 5th visit and 50% off 10th visit. When they reach the 10th visit they get a new rewards card. I have copies of their cards on file and whole punch their card and my card when they come in for a service. It doesn't say so on the card, but it says on my pamphlet, discounts excludes full-sets (or any other service not covered by discount). :)

Hiya,

Here's a design I did for a geek recently. Just to show off a loyalty card and the "scheme" in practical terms.

Card and Voucher Designs

Atm with my loyalty cards, we give a sticker for every £16 spent. Once they get 10 stickers they receive a free treatment. This will depend upon what their usual treatment is.

I'm all for doing freebies, and we actually do give quite a lot away but I certainly won't give a freebie of their usual treatment, only for something different. Chances are they may like the new treatment and book in for that again.

For those of you that do a variety of treatments I personally can't see the point in giving a freebie of the same treatment if they're going to have that done anyway.

Anyway, once my current cards have run out, I shall be changing my loyalty scheme to make it fairer for all clients to be involved. I've recently got computerised so will be easy to implement. Not sure yet though what the incentives will be.

Latest posts

Back