Lunula your breaking my heart

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaydee

Reaction score
Your breaking my confidence daily.....Oh no that was Celia....lol. Ok, here's my question.....my mom has her lunula showing on all ten fingers, when prepping I have to be really gentle in this area due to how soft they are. When applying L+P does the lunula have an affect on the enhancement as the area is so soft.
David

Good question as ever David, although I don't think the product will be affected by the lunular as, if it did have an adverse affect, I am sure it would have been covered somewhere in our studies.

I was told (on my foundation course) that it was unlikely that products in themselves would damage any part of the nail but to be careful around the lunula and cuticle area when using products but more for over exposure reasons than anything else (and trauma in the case of the lunula).

I don't know whether lunula damage was to blame for this, but on my thumbnails the lunulas are quite large. When I had nail enhancements the very first time, I noticed that when they were removed I had a big horizontal ridge on my thumbnails, but not on any other nails. The enhancements had felt tight (if you know what I mean) cos the lady who had applied them had put a really curvy tip on my really flat thumbnail! Anyway the ridge eventually grew out but to my knowledge I hadn't damaged my nails in any other way prior to the enhancements. I'd be interested if anybody else knew if this could have been the case.

you won't damage the lunula, but watch your beads aren't too wet. the nail is still soft at the back and if the bead is too wet causing too much shrinkage it will remould the nail and cause a ridge. this isn't permanent and will grow out but will not cause long lasting effects. i did this on my mate and we couldn't understand why it happened until i went on my 121 with Gigi. it was like you could see where the enhancement had been even tho they were soaked off. it was a bit puzzling until Gigi told me my beads were a little on the wet side and this was probably what was causing it.

i have really big lunula's on my thumbs and never have any trouble wearing enhancements. and i love my lunula's!

ps, i think it was more noticeable on her nails because she had wide flat nails, and therefore had to put more product on, so i suppose it shrank more than my other clients.

Thanks for the info! the young girl who did my nails hadn't been trained 4 very long. I can remember the 2nd time she did my nails the mix ratio was totally different and I can remember thinking Y!!! This was 1 of the reasons which prompted me 2 learn how 2 apply nails. A lot of people think that "doing" nails is easy but if u want 2 b the best u have to learn lots. I'm really glad that I have found the world of nails and even more so I'm glad that I have found u guys on the Nail Geek - luv u all loads:D

another sympton of my too wet beads was charlotte said she could feel my nails for the first 24 hours until she got used to them, a bit like they were heavy. again Gigi said this was probably due to the shrinkage. i think i only got all these symptoms with charlotte because of the width of her nails and that's why i never got it with my other clients even tho the mix ratio was the same. my beads are the right mix now!

Latest posts

Back