Luxury pedicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty kissed

Reaction score
Hi geeks

With luxury pedicures I offer file, foot soak, exfoliate, masque with heated booties and moisturise. This is with either shellac or minx. I was taught to do the shellac or minx first then the luxury treatment - is this how everyone else does this? It feels like I'm doing it the wrong way round and also find my minx lifts in the masque :( any help would be great xx

Do any soaking (that affects the nail) after Shellac, don't know anything about Minx. Xx

My clients tend to just have a normal polish with my lux pedi (thats whats inc in my pricelist/ treatment menu) and I do the varnish last so I can see why it feels wrong. Even if that is what is advised... It would feel strange.

I do my bio gel toes or trendy toe wraps but I offer them as a separate treatment, as like you say the masques/ creams could effect the product.

If it is effecting your minx i'd try it yourself doing it last, after dehydrating the nail to ensure no oils are left on the nail. Xx

With minx and gel based products, the nail plate needs to be dehydrated for the product to adhere, hence why nourishing treatments aren't used before. But also bear in mind that any heat applied directly after some gel products could cause it to lift. X

I'm only new to Minx but I was told to do it as a stand alone, not part of a mani or pedi as it will affect the application/cause service break down. I was taught to only do PEP and application for best results.
In my pedicures I only have polish as standard, Shellac is an "add on" and that is always applied prior to soaking.

Latest posts

Back