Lycon Wax - How do you get it in the heater?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noreenoconnor

CND Education Ambassador Cork
Reaction score
This may sound like a really stupid question but I've recently trained in Lycon wax and have just bought the wax heater and all the wax and bits to go with it..... but I can't figure out how to get the wax in the heater ??

It comes a rock hard massive lump of wax that won't break into smaller bits so how are you supposed to get it into the heater without creating a massive mess ??

feeling very dim today lol

This is a really technical answer but put it in a bag and hit it with a hammer. I then keep in an old celebrations tub. X

are you serious? lol I'd do damage to myself trying to do that haha

I can't believe there isn't an easier way to put it in the wax heater?

I put mine in a bag for life bag and slam it on concrete not ideal but it works. Have always wondered how u are meant to get it into the heater though

Get the hammer out!!

It's hammer time lol that's the only way is to beat apart. Very good therapy when your feeling frustrated

Why do they sell it like that? What a pain in the Harris!!!

Coz it's the cheapest way to make wax :) Can't go wrong with beads.

this is soooo funny lol... clients in waiting room must think the therapist has lost the plot lol... or taking anger out on a late client lol :D

I put the whole tray of wax with the lid still on in a thicker plastic bag, like a bag for life, and batter it with a rolling pin!!

Start at the edges then you can break it up easier.

Once it sounds pretty battered I open the bag and get rid of the packaging then tip the wax into a Tupperware.

I have a small Tupperware to take on my travels (I'm mobile) then a big tub at home that I refill the smaller one with.

I put mine in the freezer for a bit so its super hard then, if you use the wax in the aluminium trays take it out of the tray, place the wax block in a zip lock bag or two bags, take it out side onto concrete and drop it! Voila it's broken up! Place however much you like into the heater then seal the bag and store it until next time :) no mess and easy. HTH

Why don't you Lycon users ask the company to make it easier to use? If you suggested it en masse they might get the message.

Why don't you Lycon users ask the company to make it easier to use? If you suggested it en masse they might get the message.

One thing I was told by a lycon rep was if you don't like the fact that the wax come in a block then change to another of their waxes (such as dreamwax or lycotech) as it will always come in a block, end of story!!!

I use the Lycotec hot wax which comes in pop n go trays which are fab and easy to use. I still put the trays in the freezer to harden (I live in a humid climate) and then just simply pop them out as I need. But I've just ordered the Lycojet (due to curiosity) and found that the above method I mentioned earlier worked a treat in breaking it up :)

so everyone got my smash on this morning and have the wax in the heaters at long last hahaha

thanks so much to everyone for the help.

one more question though - how do you get the strip wax in the pot , do you have to microwave it ??

I do. I loosen/lift the lid a bit and (depending on how strong your microwave is) nuke it for about 2 mins so it makes for a better pouring consistency, then I pour the amount I need into the pot. When I'm nearing the end of a tub I nuke it then sit the whole tub over the scrape bar and use a wooden spat as another bar and leave it until its drained completely (my heater is switched on too). If I'm in a hurry then ill use a gloved hand and a spat to scrape the last remaining bits out if I don't have time to leave it drain. Hope that makes sense! :)

I did my lycon training this week and it was explained why the wax comes in a block and how to get it in the pot and why it is not supplied in beads - surprised people don't know this if they have been lycon trained??? Hannah, the trainer in London, was fabulous and the people in the office are very helpful - just give them a ring if you are having problems.

Latest posts

Back