Lying to my face

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Nailz

Reaction score
Why do clients feel the need to lie?

I had a client booked for Gel overlay and colour. Before she arrived, I said to make sure there were nothing on her nails....

When she arrived, she had IBD Gel french on, and with gems on four of her fingers. I told her I charge for removal, as this will take some buffing off!
She said that other Salons she has gone too, don't charge her removal. I asked is this the salon that applied them, and she said yes. So i guess it is their policy to not charge removal, when re-applying.

Anyway, she said she would pay for removal. So we got to work. Looking at her nails thru the gel, I asked if she was wearing Extensions... she said no! I had my suspicions

Buffing down and getting abit closer to her natural nail plate, I switched to a 180 grit, I stopped what I was doing, and then started to file down the free edge to shape them, this is where I could see the plastic debris pealing out from under the free edge, I knew then that this was turning out to be a rebalance, not gel overlay as obviously she had tips on, and I had to build the gel back up over it. So knowing they were tips, which I had my suspicions about anyway, I gave her chance to be honest, and said.. so these are not extensions? She still said they were her natural nails. I don't know how she could think I wouldn't know the difference. So basically, the treatment turned out to be a rebalance, and not a gel overlay. Why would she lie about this. I really find it hard to understand

That's quite disrespectful to you. Maybe you should have said when you realised that if she had tips on, that the products that you use to remove the old gel wouldn't be kind to the tips. I don't understand what she is gaining by lying to you, it really doesn't make much sense.

I find it very rude. I don't see what the point of lying is.. I charge for removals as well and have had a few people come to me with enhancements on after telling me they didn't. I don't like filling over someone else's work either.

I don't see how people could NOT charge for removal...It takes me a while to buff off hard gel. I obviously don't charge for gelish removal if I am applying new gelish but hard gel is different. It's a long process of buffing them off.

Jumping in fro hair here but i had a client really annoy me today...
Just had last week off so this weeks been absolutly chocka block with no breaks at all,starting early and finishing late every day,which is part of it i understand,but at 3.15pm today a really regular client and her daughter were booked in with me for cut and blo drys,so had them in my book for 1.5 hours.

At about 3pm the daughter rang to say they were on the bus but traffic was horrendous and they would be about 15 minutes late.
Ok so i said dont panic if push comes to shove i can always do wet cuts without the blodrys (dont like wet cutting but needs must etc etc).

So it gets to 4.10pm and the daughter rings back again and speaks to another stylist.
She said "Im really sorry but we definatly wont be making our appointments now as mums poorly".

I am livid!I know on more than one occasion i have worked later to accomadate them both as the mum works long hours and they have never missed an appointment before as the mum is very organised usually so im just totally miffed that they blatently lied and even more miffed i turned people away today but worked later due to them being in at that time.

I will be making it very clear next time they call that i will be charging them a fee as ive lost a fair amount of money today and will in future request a deposit before i keep the space for them

GGrrrrr
Some people really annoy me.
Rudeness is such an ugly trait to have
:twisted:

Latest posts

Back