Lymphatic Massage for scar tissue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeautyRoomClinic

Reaction score
Hi, wondering if anyone could shed some light on this, one of my clients was asking if I could do a lymphatic massage for her daughter in law who has recently had an operation on her stomach, she has been recommended by her doctor to have lymphatic massage for scar tissue, just wondering if anyone has preformed this type of massage? Is it similar to lymphatic drainage in a regular massage? What else does it entail?
If anyone has any links to websites with demonstration videos this would be so helpful
Thanks x

Honestly never heard of it for scar reduction, especially not after surgery. Would be interested to know more too.

Hmm I would say it's a little Chinese whisper situation from the doctor to the daughter-in-law to the mum in-law to you, Im Pretty sure it wouldn't actually be for the scar tissue, I would say it's probably to help the surrounding area, where it maybe a little sluggish,dependant on the severity of the operation & how recent, I would certainly suggest you could help by massaging the surrounding area.

I think it might help with circulation around the scar making the scar look less "puckered" as for the scar itself Rosehip Oil is great

Lymphatic drainage is widely used treatment after surgery, but you have to be trained to do that, otherwise you might do some serious damage.

Latest posts

Back