Massage - how long after Shingles?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemiss1t

Reaction score
Hello All!

A regular client of mine recently had a bout of Shingles - it has cleared up now (2 months ago)...

I did ask her if she could call her doctors surgery, explain to the receptionist that she would need a letter or on a compliment slip that the doctor signs to say whether he / she says it is ok to carry on with regular massage, but she thinks she has hassled them too much already with the amount of appointments etc.

I did explain that "normally", doctors don't mind jotting down a note to say they feel it is now fine to have a treatment that was before a contraindication.

What would you guys do, if the shingles has now gone - how long after would you leave an episode of shingles before doing a massage - and from what I have researched, does shingles stay inside your body, and flare up for various reasons or does it go completely?

I did ask her again, would she be able to ask the doctors, but I have not had a response back.

Any help at all I would be grateful.

Thanks!

Carly xx

The important thing is to check for post shingles pain...... any massage would be just to painful for your client!

As long as the rash has gone ( an any skin lesions healed ) you'll be fine. I would think 2 months has been enough time for that. Shingles can stay dormant in the body but may never produce symptoms again, so that in itself is not a contraindication.

Latest posts

Back