MAC on ebay.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gem81

Reaction score
HOW on earth do ebayers manage to sell MAC cosmetics so cheaply on ebay? I get MAC Pro discount yet still folks manage to sell things for less than I pay direct. Am I missing something here? How can they do this and still make money? Can someone enlighten me please!!

i do know that if you work for mac direct you get a 60% discount so maybe they work for mac otherwise its most prob fake stuff trouble with ebay you never know what is in the pots is it kosher

My daughter is really into Mac and she says a lot of it is fake. She can recognise it and there are loads of threads about what is real and what is fake on one of the forums she uses. Sorry I don't know which it is, and she's away for the weekend. xx

I had been informed that about 80 - 90% of the mac products on e-bat are fake. So the cheaper products are probably the cheap fake ones.

Lee's friend works for a baby product manufacturer,she offered us a pram at staff discount which is 50% off rrp plus VAT. They are STILL cheaper on ebay. I can only imagine how they obtain things to sell at such a price,all you can do is report the seller if you are that way inclined xx

Sonia's been conned by people selling her fake MAC on eBay in the past; she ordered some eyeshadow, and when it arrived, the quality of the printing on the packaging was poor compared to genuine MAC, and the eyeshadow pot was different too - it had a little brush and mirror in the bottom of it, whereas genuine MAC doesn't. We reported the item as fake, but are uncertain as to whether eBay actually did anything about it!

So we stick to the MAC counter at Selfridges in Birmingham or the proper MAC website now!

So we stick to the MAC counter at Selfridges in Birmingham or the proper MAC website now!

Ruth, don't you use your business name to get it discounted through Mac Pro, either in Soho or a trip to Cardiff? My daughter is a makeup artist and she orders hers this way.

Just a thought. :hug:

Latest posts

Back