Mac Studio Fix Fluid

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Can i just ask those of you if the know....Can/does Mac Studio Fix Fluid cause bad skin/breakouts...?

I had been using mineral Makeup (a very good one) and loved the look for about 2 hours and then felt very shiny...i used it for about a year before i decided to have a change.

I use other bits and bobs from Mac so decided to give their foundation a try...I love the look...it glides on nicely...lasts all day...covers everything...no shiny face...BUT...after reading reviews of this foundation on the net i am now worried cos there have been lots saying it causes spots.

Can anyone shed any light or just share their experiences with it.

Thank you :)

Hi Angie

I use studio fix liquid on a very regular basis, and have used it for nearly 4 years. I won't use anything else now.

I've never had breakouts or skin irritation from it. I also use studio fix powder to set it, I use a shade darker than my natural tone in the liquid, and cool it down using the natural tone powder and it works really well.

It's a great product, you don't need to use much at all, infact when i was wearing it daily, I would get more than 6 weeks from it, and i need plenty of coverage.

I think the skin break outs depend on your own skin care routine, so daily cleansing / toning and moisturising is a must. Also, you may find MAC prep and prime would be a good one to use after moisturiser before you put your foundation on.

I think MAC are very good value, they last and last, and to be honest, you won't be touching it up, it is very hard wearing.

Hope this helps?

Rebecca

I did use studio fix for quite a long period without any breakouts (other than hormonal ones I was used to). Now though I have gone onto Art Deco Mineral makeup. This doesn't mean though that I won't use SF in the future as I do think it is a great product.

I love studio fix fluid and have been using it for a fair few years now. absolutely love it. has never caused any breakouts for me either. i also set it with studio fix powder x

wouldn't using the fluid and the powder be too heavy....? arnt both a foundation...? Thanks for the feedback guys x

I use the mac studio fix fluid...and its the only foundation that i can use that DOES NOT cause any breakouts and it lasts all day/night! its fantastic!!! XXX

I have been told its best applied with a foundation brush...any reccomendations....? the mac one looked lovely but i really cant stretch to that amount of money right now.

The studio fix powder is a foundation too yes but it's buildable coverage. So just a quick going over is all that is needed. I actually don't remember the reason why i started putting it over the top lol.
The liquid is great alone too. i think it's just force of habit for me. I do love both finishes though!

I have been told its best applied with a foundation brush...any reccomendations....? the mac one looked lovely but i really cant stretch to that amount of money right now.

Hi
I use my mac 187 (duo fibre black & white skunk brush) to apply my studio fix which is great the 109 is also great, but if you cant stretch to that amount you can get a great duplicate (black & white brush) by GOSH (superdrug) for a fraction of the price and they are just as good
hth's
Stacy

I have just recently changed to Mac studio fix and I love it. It is the only foundation that I have been very happy with. I got the brush I use from Boots - can't remember the name but it has a purple handle...I picked the brush because it had a large brush bit at one end and a small brush bit at the other end which is great for round the eye area.

HTH

Latest posts

Back