Magiblonde 901s

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coralchild

Reaction score
i used 901s with 911 and 40 vol both highlift blondes on client as she explained this is the colour she had had previously she complained of slight burning on front of scalp and ended up scabbing in this area is it the 901s? has it happened to anyone??:eek:

never heard of that one before when i've used it. you mean on the scalp right? could she be pregnant or on medication? as hormones can make a huge difference x

Did you perform a patch test? Did you carry out a full consultation checking for any abrasions, dryness or irritation pre application?

So am I right in assuming u used foils for this as u have mentioned 40 vol??
If so I would say that the colour has bled from the foils and come into contact with her skin as 40 vol will do this!

Sally

So am I right in assuming u used foils for this as u have mentioned 40 vol??
If so I would say that the colour has bled from the foils and come into contact with her skin as 40 vol will do this!

Sally
There's nowhere to say majiblonde shouldn't be used with 40vol on the scalp it's perfectly fine x

Did you check for any abrasions on the scalp beforehand? Was heat used? X

Whats her natural base? If poss could you use a lower vol around the hairline where hair is finer? to be on the safe side.
40vol scares me, i avoid highlifts if i can incase things like that happen!
Touch wood it hasn't upto press.
She might have a sensitive scalp. did you apply it at the front first?
Also assuming shes never had a reaction to colour before? X

I'm pretty sure you can't use 40 vol majiblonde on the scalp. It might not physically state you can't use it but I'm pretty sure it's not listed as an option. Going to have a little read when I get to work, I'm intrigued now. I've always thought you can't and so I never have.

I always use 40vol with highlight tiny, every salon I have worked in has allowed this! I would say the same ad other guys, cut ov been a little spot/cut on head! Also I find sometimes I have clients, and sometimesit will stung a bit after they have been on Holliday, sun bed ext, clients doesn't realise if they have burn their scalp on Holliday that it takes a wile to heal properly! That could ov possibly been it to x

Majiblonde shades are designed for use with 40 vol... Was it mixed in the correct ratio?

Should have been fine. As LAPirate said, it's designed to be used this way. Unless you used heat, which is a bit risky, my only thoughts are that she is sensitising to it, and will eventually have a full blown reaction, or that it wasn't removed properly. Residue left on the scalp can cause this.

Whats her natural base? If poss could you use a lower vol around the hairline where hair is finer? to be on the safe side.
40vol scares me, i avoid highlifts if i can incase things like that happen!
Touch wood it hasn't upto press.
She might have a sensitive scalp. did you apply it at the front first?
Also assuming shes never had a reaction to colour before? X

I can assure you there's nothing to be scared of, you're missing out on a whole world of blondes by shying away :)

X

A reaction can happen with any colour, whether it be an allergic reaction or due to a sensitive scalp. Hormones and scalp sensitivity can vary from day to day anyway.

I'm not saying go ahead and use 40vol majiblond if the client has a particularly sensitive scalp, this is where we use our own discretion. What I am saying is majiblond used with 40vol is perfectly acceptable on the scalp when used correctly :)

X

i am sure i have read somewhere that these have been recalled as there was a safety issue and they have also recalled there 40 vol too

I agree to use 40 vol with high lifts BUT you should never put 40 vol on a scalp!!

Sally

Wel ltechnically speaking by book you cannnot put 40 vol on scalp but hi lifts to get that lift you need 40 vol, i use to have Matrix myself and always used 40 vol, but then they launched new hi lifts last year and we could not get on with them when used with 40 vol, we recently changed to Fudge colour, and just used there new hi lift blondes with 40 vol and the result is beautiful and clean.

The inoa highlift blondes have been recalled not the majiblonde originals

i knew it was loreal something that had been recalled and there 40 vol too i heard, i am not sure why people use loreal when they are more focused on there commercial market rather than the professional , but hey ho each to there own i guess.

Latest posts

Back