Magical hayfever cures? :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essential Bliss

Reaction score
Nearly all of us suffer from it...so have any of you wonderful geeks got any secret remedies you want to share?
I feel like death warmed up and ran over today,so am willing to try just about anything :)

Kayleigh xx

Nearly all of us suffer from it...so have any of you wonderful geeks got any secret remedies you want to share?
I feel like death warmed up and ran over today,so am willing to try just about anything :)

Kayleigh xx

I feel your pain Hun:-(

Eat LOTS of Local made honey from the time of year that you are having the issues , eg

Spring time local honey will be made with the pollen from local fruit tree blossoms, spring flowers ect

Summer time will be summer flowers , wisteria , chestnut trees , strawberries ect

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Www.lilmissbuffit.com

I use eyedrops and tablets! I get it so bad i feel rough!

Recently i got told to put a tiny amount of vasaline as a barrier in your nose, and in the corner of your eye socket. to be fair it actually worked. try it out! xoxo

This is going to sound kinda odd, but my girlfriend who suffers from allergies and sinus problems swears by it, (and she has tried every chemical, pill and spray on the market).

Contain some fresh seawater in a jar and twice a day, remove the lid and deeply inhale. Guess this is only going to work (maybe) if you live close to the sea as Im thinking it would need to be replaced on a regular basis.

Told you it sounds odd, but like a said, she says it is the only thing that gives her long term relief.

Lol, do what you wish with this little bit of advice...

I use Fexofenadine tablets AND beconase nasal spray, every day, all year round. If I don't then I'm hospitalised on IV aminophylline surrounded by worried relatives.

Hi
Like Lynne I also have to take fexofenadine but only from March till roughly the end of October every year and a nose spray. I have suffered badly my entire life but some years are better/worse than others. I also have asthma and eczema so I have the hatrick! I have heard of the honey theory and I have a friend who swears by it, I believe it has to be made locally from local flowers/fields as that is the pollen that you are suffering with. The sea air is magical for hay-fever sufferers! I always find relief at the coast don't know what it is but it is pure magic!
Don't laugh but when my eyes have been at their sorest (from all the rubbing) usually at night time I put two cold stewed tea bags on them for 5/10 mins and the relief is just unbelievable. So soothing and calms my eyes almost straight away, just normal every day tea bags. I am sure you will think I am bonkers but trust me it works I have been using tea bags on my eyes since I was a little girl and I am 36 and still wrinkle free (although that could be genetic :wink2:)
Anyway thems my tips, we still have the summer ahead. Great thread cant wait to hear everyone's tips!
Lee-Anne

Ooo lots of fantastic advice :) thank you!
I have just got some tablets, nasal spray and eyedrops from my doctor, if anyone dares to take them away from me there will be serious trouble! Haha..but they seem to be helping already :D
Mizzy Dizzy, theres a place that sells locally made honey just up my road so gonna pop there later in the week and pick some up so thank you for that..definitely makes sense really, must help immune system :)
Thank you wonderwoman, i heard bout vasaline under your nose but never the eyes, interesting, will get my tub out of that tomorrow too! Lol
Rebecca, i sooo wished i lived near a beach, i'm in essex and the closest beach is about a 50 minute drive :'(
Lynee and Lee-Anne, i really feel for you both :( i thought i had it bad with just the sneezes, puffy eyes and going hot and cold all day! Shouldnt feel so hard done by should I! Hope that keeps it under control though both of you.
I used to get asthma along with hayfever when i was younger but now only really need the inhaler if hayfever i sreally bad! Much better today though!
I have actually tried the teabag thing, a cold flannel is fab too and quite refreshing, my boyfriend has some amazing pictures of me with a flannel over my face and buried in tissues...stunning! Lol
Thank you geeks for the brilliant and helpful replies..hope helps out lots of other geeks too!
If i hear anything else, i will put up a post :)
Kayleigh xx

Forgot to mention that eyeSlices are brilliant for sore, puffy, swollen, itchy eyes! I sell loads of them at this time of year.

A three pronged attack is the best: daily allergy tablet, nasal spray and eye drops. Unfortunately for me, I also get hayfever related asthma, so I have to use inhalers too.

Also, rub a little vaseline onto the insides of your nostrils each morning, as this will help to catch the pollen particles before they fly up your nose!

HTHs

Latest posts

Back