Magnetic nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theperfectten

Reaction score
Hi all!

Bearing in mind I've just got back into the nail industry after a long break, I was asked last week if I do magnetic nails? What the hell are these? I'm absolutely confused and thought the best place to get advice would be here... help!

this will probably explain it better than I can magnetic nail polish review and demo - YouTube

Its basically nail polish with magnetic particles, so when you hold the magnet over the polish it pulls up the metal bits and makes a nice pattern. Theres many on the market out there now, although I haven't tried any yet. the Nails Inc ones look nice though. Hope this helps :)

Hi
I’ve trained with them and they are a company with big advertising , but products aren’t the greatest and the school in my country a joke.
The product don’t last many days for me on my own nails, chipping both the nail plate and the free edge. I think it’s fancy package but poor content .
Not my cuppa!

Oh
Just realised maybe U not refering to the brand , maybe about the polish with magnetic tool to create patterns. And I have not tried that at al.
Feel just a little bit slow…

Thanks for the vid Artistc Nails, VERY informative and at least I know what it is now ha ha ha! And yeah Nailomania I'm just on about the polish, was a little confused by your reply at first, but thanks for the info anyway!

Gelish do a range of Magnetic and they are fab!:D

I use Gelish Magneto. It's great!!

I'm gonna get some of the gelish ones tomorrow, any favorite colours? :)

I'm gonna get some of the gelish ones tomorrow, any favorite colours? :)

The blue really stands out.

Also the magnet can be used so the wavy lines go down the length of the nail which makes the nail look longer.

The blue really stands out.

Also the magnet can be used so the wavy lines go down the length of the nail which makes the nail look longer.
oh good tip thx :) I noticed the Gelish Magneto comes as a Magneto Gelish and Gelish Lacquer Duo. Not sure i want to pay extra for the polish. Can it be bought separately?

Last edited:
Hi
I’ve trained with them and they are a company with big advertising , but products aren’t the greatest and the school in my country a joke.
The product don’t last many days for me on my own nails, chipping both the nail plate and the free edge. I think it’s fancy package but poor content .
Not my cuppa!

thx for the heads up, I was thinking of trying some of the nails inc. polishes but think i'll stick to my opi and Gelish now :)

Latest posts

Back