Magpie gel colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauraiacobelli

Reaction score
I am sooooo excited for these!!!! I see they are for pros only. I wonder how much they will cost and if magpie will bring out a lamp or if my 18G led will be fine. So many questions!!! Lol xx

I bought these. Great price. You can use any lamp, 60s led cure or 2 mins UV. 36 colours in range currently.

I bought these. Great price. You can use any lamp, 60s led cure or 2 mins UV. 36 colours in range currently.
Oh thanks for the info. Been keeping an eye on the social media sites to get more details but nothing so far lol. Do you know when they will be on the website? Please post back when you have tried them and let me know what they are like x

The nudes look gorgeous

It is impossible to create a gel that cures under any lamp, but it is likely to be a common formula which will work under a lamp used by other brands that also use that formula.

Hope that helps :)

I thought that insurance was not valid if you don't use a brand specific lamp. Have I got that confused? I seem to remember a discussion about CND with the Gelish lamp. (?)

I thought that insurance was not valid if you don't use a brand specific lamp. Have I got that confused? I seem to remember a discussion about CND with the Gelish lamp. (?)
You need to follow the manufacturers instructions.

You need to follow the manufacturers instructions.

Ok, so I guess I should email them to check that my lamp will be safe before I buy them?

Do you need to get the whole system from magpie? Or can you use gelish foundation, top it off and prep etc?

Anyone saw nona philipas insta?? Shes given some info on them today. £9.95 plus vat per gel and will be online in a couple of weeks for professionals only and magpie are also bringing out their own lamp xx

34 colours so far in the collection x

Anyone saw nona philipas insta?? Shes given some info on them today. £9.95 plus vat per gel and will be online in a couple of weeks for professionals only and magpie are also bringing out their own lamp xx
Yeah I saw that. Did you go to pb? Hopefully they will be ok with other lamps, could live without forking out fur another one but the colours look really good, and well priced X

Yeah I saw that. Did you go to pb? Hopefully they will be ok with other lamps, could live without forking out fur another one but the colours look really good, and well priced X
No i didnt go coz i work weekends in A&E plus im in glasgow lol. I wish i could have!!! Yeah im sure they will work fine with other lamps!! Defo. Yeah the colours are lovely, i think i will keep an eye on nona philipas insta for her wear review after a couple of weeks xx

I bought one of the colours,"Doly Daydream" to try at PB last weekend. The consistency is very thick, I'd compare it to Madam Glam, good coverage, has a smaller brush than I'm used to, but applied very nicely.
However, the polish has a really strong smell, even after curing, compared to other gel polishes I've tried. I've never smelt anything like it.

I just used it on pops to try with my INK Lamp, cured for 60s as I can't find any instructions. This is absolutely fine for just trying it out, however if you are planning on applying it on a human, I'd recommend getting in contact with them regarding lamp compatibility.

I bought one of the colours,"Doly Daydream" to try at PB last weekend. The consistency is very thick, I'd compare it to Madam Glam, good coverage, has a smaller brush than I'm used to, but applied very nicely.
However, the polish has a really strong smell, even after curing, compared to other gel polishes I've tried. I've never smelt anything like it.

I just used it on pops to try with my INK Lamp, cured for 60s as I can't find any instructions. This is absolutely fine for just trying it out, however if you are planning on applying it on a human, I'd recommend getting in contact with them regarding lamp compatibility.

They look nice. Not heard anything on removal yet, have you tried to remove it? This will be the decider for me, I currently use Shellac and like a nice easy to remove products, cant stand doing clients nails when they have other stuff on that wont come off.

They look nice. Not heard anything on removal yet, have you tried to remove it? This will be the decider for me, I currently use Shellac and like a nice easy to remove products, cant stand doing clients nails when they have other stuff on that wont come off.

I haven't got heir base or top coat and I'm not planing on putting it on my nails sorry :)

Has anyone tried the new magpie gels, how long are they lasting on the nails?

I saw a few posts on their Facebook group of people complaining about them not curing properly so I followed the posts to see what was said and in the morning when I checked again magpie had deleted them so put me off a bit will wait for reviews I think

I saw a few posts on their Facebook group of people complaining about them not curing properly so I followed the posts to see what was said and in the morning when I checked again magpie had deleted them so put me off a bit will wait for reviews I think

It needs to cure for 60s in a LED lamp, I tried a colour using my INK Lam and it cured properly (to my knowledge). Best thing would be to contact them directly regarding curing in the lamp that you have.

Latest posts

Back