Magpie help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouisaB

Reaction score
So this is embarrassing because how hard should glitter be (!?)

I have my first lot of glitters from magpie and have used them on my friend as a client, my fingers and my toes. I pressed the glitter on top of the 2nd coat of gel colour then cured. First question - do you use a different brush for your top coat over glitter incas you get bits in the brush and also how can you get it to feel smooth I can just feel bits of glitter :(

How can I also just add the glitter into my gel polish? I'm probably thinking way too much into it. Not sure if there is a certain technique or if I just need to have a play with it!

Thanks [emoji5]️

Here's a good video which shows both sprinkling and burnishing the glitters and how the different types of glitter look each way.
I always use a separate top coat and if you sprinkle or dab, give it a good brush afterwards to dust off the loose glitter. I use a nail brush then 2 coats of top coat

I always push on and then brush off excess glitter and it smooth it down using a dry soft brush and I also have a separate top coat and apply twice like cinderalla71

Thank you! I don't think I'm pressing enough maybe, going to watch the video :) and buy another top coat!

Here's a good video which shows both sprinkling and burnishing the glitters and how the different types of glitter look each way.
I always use a separate top coat and if you sprinkle or dab, give it a good brush afterwards to dust off the loose glitter. I use a nail brush then 2 coats of top coat

You were the exact person I wanted to pop up! Magpie queen! Haha

Latest posts

Back