Mainaining Polished Nails ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karren

Reaction score
Hi all

Some advice please ....

Ive read previous threads re polish application and the use of solar oil but could someone tell me home care advice for clients who leave with nail polished nails (aside from the home care advice for enhancements ie rubber gloves) ?

I base coat, polish, top coat (CDN), but is it best to advise them to apply further top coat when they get home or daily, every other day, weekly etc ?

thanks very much, all recommendations / advice appreciated

kx

I only have about five regular clients that always have a colour polish all the others are a buff shine.

One of the five changes her own polish about four times inbetween her 2week maintanence. I therefore give her some of the hands down ultra pads, they remove the polish so much quicker than other lint free pads and avoid the nails being drenched in too much remover. I have also retailed an acetone free polish remover a solar oil and a top coat. I always recommend that she uses alot of solar oil because she will be drying out her cuticles with all the removing of polish she does. She tells me her favourite top coat is air shield because it has a lovely gloss and she feels its the quickest drying.

Usually after two wks I find the polish I applied will still be on my ladies and it has usually worn off slightly at the free edge. One of my ladies buys the exact colour I have used on her and a top coat and patches it up herself.

Most of the other ladies don't touch the nails until their next appointment.

HTH.x:biggrin:

I usually retail the color that was used during the service, topcoat (I use Seche Vite), or stregthener, and Solar oil. Mind you I do mostly natural nails, so I advise them to put top coat over their polish the next day, and maybe again about three days later. My weekly clients come back with their polish still intact, and hardly any chipping. And the rest say that it really does help extend the life of their manicure by using top coat a couple of times after their service. Of course a good base coat is key too!
HTH!

Karren said:
Hi all

Some advice please ....

Ive read previous threads re polish application and the use of solar oil but could someone tell me home care advice for clients who leave with nail polished nails (aside from the home care advice for enhancements ie rubber gloves) ?

I base coat, polish, top coat (CDN), but is it best to advise them to apply further top coat when they get home or daily, every other day, weekly etc ?

thanks very much, all recommendations / advice appreciated

kx

Hi ya,

I use Airsheild by NSI - it is very good to keep polish on and looking shiny all the time (only for Atrificial nails though!) Sometimes I will appy an airbrush top coat, that is good too.. :wink2:

Lynn :cool:

Latest posts

Back