Majicontrast red

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candis

Reaction score
Hi I have a client who I have bleach bathed from black and got to a dark 5.6 she would like more vibrant red so was thinking of weaving some majicontrast red and tinting between foils
Question is her natural base is 7 ,
will I get root glow on her regrowth as the midlengths and ends are obviously alot darker!??
If I will what can I add to thE majicontrast to make even result? X

What are you thinking of tinting inbetween with hun? X

Sorry with the 5.6 Hun x

Ah rite, the way I read it I wasn't sure if you were worried about the root glow on your foils or tint, lol.

I've used majicontast foiled on a artificial base 5 with root growth a few times before and havn't had a problem with root glow.
So it should be ok but I'm sure someone with more experience will be able to help you a bit more hun. X

Hi I have a client who I have bleach bathed from black and got to a dark 5.6 she would like more vibrant red so was thinking of weaving some majicontrast red and tinting between foils
Question is her natural base is 7 ,
will I get root glow on her regrowth as the midlengths and ends are obviously alot darker!??
If I will what can I add to thE majicontrast to make even result? X

was it the foils you're worried about getting root glow from?

If so, then id suggest using 10 vol at the root, then 20 vol on the lengths at ends, just for the first application, then you can use 10 vol straight through after that :)

Last edited:
in the foil I would use say majirouge 666 + 6% on the natural, and majicontrast over the colour build up. Ive used that technique and it blends well.

in the foil I would use say majirouge 666 + 6% on the natural, and majicontrast over the colour build up. Ive used that technique and it blends well.

Thanks yes it was the regrowth in foils that worried be Ahh this is great help and fantastic if I can get a 6.66 result!!
What vol would u use on the majicontrast ?
Thanks xxx

i always use majicontrast and 6% I was always taught sometimes the higher the peroxide it can blow the colour out and you loose the intense red by lifting too much. but i think it will blend well the 6.66 roots and majicontrast elsewhere pretty safe bet !

i always use majicontrast and 6% I was always taught sometimes the higher the peroxide it can blow the colour out and you loose the intense red by lifting too much. but i think it will blend well the 6.66 roots and majicontrast elsewhere pretty safe bet !

Sooo was thinking if I put 6.66 on roots and then majicontrast red from regrowth to ends bring careful not to put on scalp.... Has any one done this do you think will blend ok or will I need to then finish with a crazy colour to blend better??
Thanks guys xx

Latest posts

Back