Majicontrast

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissMuggle

Reaction score
Went to salon services today to get red. Was going to get KP 77/45. Assistant came over and after chat and looking at L Oreal shade chart decided to go will her advice and get majimix red. Assistant said she was colour technician. Have just checked and she's gave me 2 tubes of majicontrast red. Read instructions and this can't be used on scalp or previously lightened hair!

She recommended majimix instead of 77/45????

What were you trying to achieve?

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah she said it was more vibrant. I questioned that as I thought majimix was a pure tone like kp special mix?

She recommended majimix instead of 77/45????

What were you trying to achieve?

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Should add I normally only use wella.

It is an off scalp product however I know plenty who do use it in themselves just not on clients and I have used it over prelightened hair with no problems but quicker fading

1st of all, no one who works in sallys, or any hair wholesaler is to be trusted! They are not hairdressers, if they were hairdressers they would be in salons, or mobile end of.

Secondly, majicontrast and kp 77/46 are 2 different types of colour. Majicontrast has high lifting agents, so it can lift dark hair, or even tinted hair, and deposit a red tone at the same time. 77/46 is just tint. It will be red and it will be vibrant, but it doesn't have the added lift majicontrast gives.

It all depends on what the client already has. If she is a 4 or below I would use a deeper red, like 55/46 and add some majicontrast slices.

Next time you need some help come here, not sallys! X

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

1st of all, no one who works in sallys, or any hair wholesaler is to be trusted! They are not hairdressers, if they were hairdressers they would be in salons, or mobile end of.

Secondly, majicontrast and kp 77/46 are 2 different types of colour. Majicontrast has high lifting agents, so it can lift dark hair, or even tinted hair, and deposit a red tone at the same time. 77/46 is just tint. It will be red and it will be vibrant, but it doesn't have the added lift majicontrast gives.

It all depends on what the client already has. If she is a 4 or below I would use a deeper red, like 55/46 and add some majicontrast slices.

Next time you need some help come here, not sallys! X

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey thanks for reply. I always use WELLA colours and know that majicontrast is high lift which is why I'm ranting! I thought it was majimix she gave me. I trained in L'Oreal many years ago before majimix were introduced. I asked her if majimix was a pure tone to be added like wella special mix is but she said no! Anyhoo I'm stuck with it now as client is tomorrow, but I do have wella 55/0, 77/0 & 99/0 and special mix /45 & /65 so I'm sure I can come up with a cocktail. Just a wee question. Majicontrast should not be used on scalp, is that due to staining effect or chemical burns?xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1413453540.561820.jpg
This is maji contrast red on pre lightened hair

Hey thanks for reply. I always use WELLA colours and know that majicontrast is high lift which is why I'm ranting! I thought it was majimix she gave me. I trained in L'Oreal many years ago before majimix were introduced. I asked her if majimix was a pure tone to be added like wella special mix is but she said no! Anyhoo I'm stuck with it now as client is tomorrow, but I do have wella 55/0, 77/0 & 99/0 and special mix /45 & /65 so I'm sure I can come up with a cocktail. Just a wee question. Majicontrast should not be used on scalp, is that due to staining effect or chemical burns?xx

Im not 100% sure, but i know with magma its because of staining.

Blonde shades wouldn't cause staining then?

I never thought of that :|

When i was on my wella course they said its because the magma has too much Direct Dye in.

I used magma on one of the girls from the salon, she knew the risks, and it went orange!!! We used /56 we were in shock haha, thats why i never use them on the scalp anymore.

I never thought of that :|

When i was on my wella course they said its because the magma has too much Direct Dye in.

I used magma on one of the girls from the salon, she knew the risks, and it went orange!!! We used /56 we were in shock haha, thats why i never use them on the scalp anymore.

Guessing it wasn't a good look then ahaha🙈

Lasted vibrantly about 7 weeks and the reason it was on pre lightened hair was to get a clear base for brightness. Also only reason not to use on scalp is because of staining.

Guessing it wasn't a good look then ahaha🙈

Nope awful, i think we just put 55/65 over the top, Was fine after that, Surprising what colour can do sometimes!

Lasted vibrantly about 7 weeks and the reason it was on pre lightened hair was to get a clear base for brightness. Also only reason not to use on scalp is because of staining.

Majicontrast is a highlift tint! Designed to lift and tone.

Bleached hair needs to have red deposited on it. So majicontrast is the wrong product to use.

The tone in majicontrast doesn't even last on Virgin hair like that for 7 weeks, I'm not doubting you it stayed red, but I doubt it looked like that after washing it.

Nope awful, i think we just put 55/65 over the top, Was fine after that, Surprising what colour can do sometimes!

I think, really, reds are really hard colour to keep anyway.

Can you please be aware that trainees use this site so don't advice against manufacturer instructions, just because it's worked for you and that client doesn't mean itl be like that for everyone x

Can you please be aware that trainees use this site so don't advice against manufacturer instructions, just because it's worked for you and that client doesn't mean itl be like that for everyone x

well said mollie !!!!

I recently spoke to member who was learning to colour hair through information on here- no back up of education or training, with a plan to work on live people with her knowledge from this forum. lets all remember that before we throw around incorrect info and step by step guides to colouring hair- she may pop up in a salon near you
! x

Latest posts

Back