Majirouge 6.66 vs. Affinage 6.66

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurenGrace

Reaction score
Hiya,

Long time lurker, first time poster here!

I'm a mainly retired hairdresser (due to career change, not age!), but still do my own hair and a few clients I do as home visits.

I did mine bright red a couple of months back - I was a blond for a long time, but finally got bored of doing my own foils! I've been using majirel 6.66 with added red mix but it fades soooooo quickly, especially on the midlengths and ends where my hair is pretty porus from the previous bleach. My natural is a base 5/6 with around 15% grey.

I've recently been reading about Affinage - has anyone used their 6.66 in the Infiniti range? I love the B-red colours, but they're not for global application, booooo :(

I like the idea that the Infiniti can be used with 3% and am wondering if using this will help the colour stick? Also, would using the red pre-pigmentation gel help?

Any experiences/thoughts greatly appreciated. Am thinking of changing from L'oreal to Affinage on my clients too...

Matrix do a 6rr and red booster to put in for that extra kick, fade wasn't that bad to be fair and it can be used with 3% or 6% for it to show more vibrant again.
Used to have a client that had grey hair and liked 7cc with the copper booster added to make her hair truly orange, she came in once every 2 months and the fade wasn't so bad as to say how awful. She washed her hair daily with head ad shoulders (against my wishes) xoxo

Hi LaurenGrace,

I swapped from koleston to affinage a year ago and havent looked back, they dont fade 1/2 as much as koleston, using 3% is great-doesnt damage the hair as much as 6% so the hair isnt as porous so doesnt fade as much, we used the new infinite berries collection recently, mixing 5.62 + 7.62 with 3%, lovely colour with no fade after 3 weeks so far on very porous hair. You cant use b-red on scalp only because you will get root glow,and i would only use it 'global' if the client had a dark colour on which wouldnt lift with colour alone, but you can mix it in with a red colour to give more lift.

Hope this helps
Cupcakes

Hi LaurenGrace,

I swapped from koleston to affinage a year ago and havent looked back, they dont fade 1/2 as much as koleston, using 3% is great-doesnt damage the hair as much as 6% so the hair isnt as porous so doesnt fade as much, we used the new infinite berries collection recently, mixing 5.62 + 7.62 with 3%, lovely colour with no fade after 3 weeks so far on very porous hair. You cant use b-red on scalp only because you will get root glow,and i would only use it 'global' if the client had a dark colour on which wouldnt lift with colour alone, but you can mix it in with a red colour to give more lift.

Hope this helps
Cupcakes

You can't use them globally because of high levels of ppd so it's a risk of reaction not root glow...

Affinage colours are slightly darker than loreal and give more of a multi tonal result, just got my colour chart put and I'd recommend mixing 1 part 5.6, 1/2 7,6 and 1/2 0.6 intensives to give you a 6,6 as the 6,66 has a lot more depth to it...

Also you may like to add 1/4 of 0,2 in the mix to make it fade out a bit nicer but to be honest, of all the reds I've used, affinage are the nicest and last the longest...any more questions, give me a shout x

I use both and personally prefer majirel to affinage any day. I've recently coloured my friends hair red using majirouge 6.66 with red mix and finished it off with red mix and magenta red slices through the t-section, she never had any colour fade and this was after being stripped using a bleach bath from a very dark purpley-brown!

You can't use them globally because of high levels of ppd so it's a risk of reaction not root glow...

Had my affinage rep in the shop today, who confirmed that even though it says on the box it cannot be used on scalp, this is only because it will stain the skin. All red colours have higher levels of ppd, but a skin test will cover this.

Had my affinage rep in the shop today, who confirmed that even though it says on the box it cannot be used on scalp, this is only because it will stain the skin. All red colours have higher levels of ppd, but a skin test will cover this.

It's a red bleach maji contrast which is why u can't use it globally x

May be, but if a client reacts after the skin test then you won't have a leg to stand on, your rep shouldn't be saying you can use it globally as this is against manufacturers instruction and will be against their terms of employment which will state somewhere to advise with manufacturers instruction.

Xoxo

On a natural base 5/6 redmix and developer is lovely! It's what our loreal tech used on herself!

May be, but if a client reacts after the skin test then you won't have a leg to stand on, your rep shouldn't be saying you can use it globally as this is against manufacturers instruction and will be against their terms of employment which will state somewhere to advise with manufacturers instruction.

Xoxo

i've got my 'good girl' head on now, yes you are right Tomme, we do have to follow manufacturers instructions and it does say on the box not to use on scalp, so i take back what i said, do not use b-red on scalp, but getting back to original thread, been using the affinage fruit and berries range, the 5.62 is lush also xxx

i've got my 'good girl' head on now, yes you are right Tomme, we do have to follow manufacturers instructions and it does say on the box not to use on scalp, so i take back what i said, do not use b-red on scalp, but getting back to original thread, been using the affinage fruit and berries range, the 5.62 is lush also xxx

Well try matrix, this is the result you get!

Lush!! Was base 3 naturally

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332792726.344829.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332792726.344829.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 39,123
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332792742.032500.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332792742.032500.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 27,656
Lush colour! .. What did you do here blue? X

6rr and sr-r with 9% on roots and 3% ends if you want measurements let me know x

to help reduce fade try reducing the water content of the mix by mixing upping the amount of colour and lowing the amount of developer but increasing the strength of developer to maintain the working volume. Its Called colour concentration pioneered by Kathy from Planet Hair Color, you can find her here Planet Hair Color
E.G. 60ml colour + 15ml 40vol
This is not my idea, it comes from a brilliant colourist in the USA. She is definitely a colourist that thinks out side of the box, however if you are a hair stylist that can't deviate from the word of the manufacturer then it would be very hard to get your head around her concepts. I find it difficult myself but I am doing her class in LA mid June.

Thanks for all the info guys :)

Blue, that colour is stunning!

66/45 + 0/45 + 0/56 colour touch :)

Latest posts

Back