Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry sent to quick my fav can't live without products. Mufe foundation will be my imats purchase any pros and cons on this foundation?

Can anyone reccomend a really good coverage foundation for acne scarred skin? X

What would you say is the best range of foundations for brides make up. All I'm hearing about is illamasqua! Whats your opinion?

Lancome Colour Ideal is a beautiful foundation!

Sorry sent to quick my fav can't live without products. Mufe foundation will be my imats purchase any pros and cons on this foundation?
If you do a search there has been some discussion on this foundation, but I personally love it. It photographs lovely and covers well. I know a couple of MUAs here are not fans though.

The only con I find, is that in the winter when my skin is super dry it shows up my dry patches. But to be honest, even my Chanel Vitalumiere does that at the moment to my scaly snake face!

If you do a search there has been some discussion on this foundation, but I personally love it. It photographs lovely and covers well. I know a couple of MUAs here are not fans though.

The only con I find, is that in the winter when my skin is super dry it shows up my dry patches. But to be honest, even my Chanel Vitalumiere does that at the moment to my scaly snake face!

Aw thank you I'm really considering making the jump.

The preparation of brides and wedding guests skin is a must so try to book them in to get them on a course of facials before the big day.
You can use the best make-up but if the skin hasn't been prepped properly their make-ups never going to look perfect!

Tan plan if their going to have one as this will affect skin tone for make-up matching. And let them see exactly have deep a tan they would require.

since the launch of derma's primer and cover tint i have been using these on spring brides, and it evens out their skin tones amazingly giving a fantastic flawless finish.

Can anyone recommend a good shimmer to put on Brides collar bone and shoulders.
She's wearing a strapless dress and wants to enhance these areas.

Can anyone recommend a good shimmer to put on Brides collar bone and shoulders.
She's wearing a strapless dress and wants to enhance these areas.

Illamasqua gleam in aurora is a beautiful highlighter xXx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Can anyone reccomend a really good coverage foundation for acne scarred skin? X

MAC Studio Fix fluid, it's amazing. Speaking from experience :) x

Also does anyone know if Illamasqua Rich Liquid foundation has SPF in it? I'm having real trouble finding a good foundation with no SPF that I can get hold of easily (not off the internet).

Also does anyone know if Illamasqua Rich Liquid foundation has SPF in it? I'm having real trouble finding a good foundation with no SPF that I can get hold of easily (not off the internet).
Not sure but skin base doesn't and it photographs lovely!

Ooo interesting! What is the coverage like? I prefer full :) x

Not sure but skin base doesn't and it photographs lovely!

Skin base is beautiful isn't it! xXx

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

HI all

LOVING this thread so much, I am brand spanking new to being an MUA, can anyone advise on the best way to decide which course to do please

I can see loads on the net but I want to go to a GOOD one, and not be ripped off (as I was with my nail college course)

I am in the MK area

Thank you so much

And keep posting lol love reading all the info on here x

Thanks for the info Salj :)

Artdeco's rich treatment foundation is full and SPF free x

Oooh is it liquid/mineral? Intrigued :) x

EDIT Just found it on the Debenhams website, thankyou! In the description it says 'The ingredient Squalan soothes the skin, while UV filters protect against environmental influences' - I don't want to risk it!

Last edited:
MAC Studio Fix fluid, it's amazing. Speaking from experience :) x

I'm pretty sure that none of the Illamasqua products have SPF in them.

Can anyone tell me where they buy their strip lashes from?

Can anyone tell me where they buy their strip lashes from?
I'll be interested to hear this too, lashes are so expensive!

I get some from Capital, they sell salon systems, the liz martin ones and possibly ardells in my local one.

Some I just buy if I like the look of them in Boots. Or Superdrug with points from my beauty card (I spend SO much money on make up that I have loads of points!!).

Latest posts

Back