Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dandilionpoppy
That is some useful advice i wouldn't have thought of:D

Wasn't shimpagne limited edition a few years ago?? Have they re released it?

(It really is lovely.)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

yeah its limited edition but sometimes they re-release at at christmas time and i always say if it comes out again i'll be getting back ups lol xx

Hi guys i am a beauty therapist and i done make up in my beauty hnd course im looking for abit of advice i have a wedding booking for the bride and 3 bridesmaids. i have been looking at RMCA colour process foundation and wanted abit of advice on it. it is a theatrical foundation but i was considering using it as it lasts all day. also has anyone ever heard of marvaila or SBC they are brands in the beauty express catalouge which im considering buying for this wedding make up. ive heard revlon colour stay is good for long lasting could anyone recommend anything to me im totally stuck and at a whits end dont know what to buy that will photograph well and last all day. xx

Hi guys i am a beauty therapist and i done make up in my beauty hnd course im looking for abit of advice i have a wedding booking for the bride and 3 bridesmaids. i have been looking at RMCA colour process foundation and wanted abit of advice on it. it is a theatrical foundation but i was considering using it as it lasts all day. also has anyone ever heard of marvaila or SBC they are brands in the beauty express catalouge which im considering buying for this wedding make up. ive heard revlon colour stay is good for long lasting could anyone recommend anything to me im totally stuck and at a whits end dont know what to buy that will photograph well and last all day. xx

Revlon colour stay is really good for a cheaper alternative, I personally use mac pro long wear foundation and concealer with mineral skin finish powder or mac prep and prime powder and I use a mac fix spray to finish. Also a primer on the eyelids I love urban decay, and for the face I just use the mac fix spray as primer.

I've heard graftibian palettes are meant to be fab so I'm going to be trying these hopefully soon x

For my lipstick I bought nail tip boxes off eBay like 5 for €3 or €4! Best thing ever. I then peel the sticker of the bottom of the lipstick and stick it to the outside of the box. Saves so much room and opening 20 lipstick lids to find the colour your looking for.

For my lipstick I bought nail tip boxes off eBay like 5 for €3 or €4! Best thing ever. I then peel the sticker of the bottom of the lipstick and stick it to the outside of the box. Saves so much room and opening 20 lipstick lids to find the colour your looking for.
GENIUS!! And way cheaper than the japonesque pallettes I bet! I'm doing this.

I've also
Done this with pill boxes from the £1 shop before . acetone removes the days of the week off them

Brushoff ......for instant brush cleaning between clients from Ellisons x

I've had a really busy summer of brides so far and my makeup kit is getting huge! I love the idea of decanting lipsticks into a nail box as it takes forever to search for the right colour for your clients.

Personally I use Baked Mineral Foundation for all my brides as I love the definition that it gives the clients face, rather than the one dimensional look you get from liquid foundations. It saves time on contouring too! I use Proto-col Skincare and Mineral Makeup and I retail it all to the bride and bridal party.

I also use a lot of Mac, and Urban Decay for special occasion makeup, however most of my work is for brides.

I like the pore perfection by Benefit for a primer and I love Mac paint pots for concealing (especially around the hipline for a red lip).

I'd love to know what is everyones favourite Waterproof Mascara and if you even bother with mascara if you are applying lashes?

Also do you prefer individual cluster lashes or strip?

Oh and I also love Ilah brows Mineral brow powder as it doesn't move and they do a nice range of colours.

I've had a really busy summer of brides so far and my makeup kit is getting huge! I love the idea of decanting lipsticks into a nail box as it takes forever to search for the right colour for your clients.

Personally I use Baked Mineral Foundation for all my brides as I love the definition that it gives the clients face, rather than the one dimensional look you get from liquid foundations. It saves time on contouring too! I use Proto-col Skincare and Mineral Makeup and I retail it all to the bride and bridal party.

I also use a lot of Mac, and Urban Decay for special occasion makeup, however most of my work is for brides.

I like the pore perfection by Benefit for a primer and I love Mac paint pots for concealing (especially around the hipline for a red lip).

I'd love to know what is everyones favourite Waterproof Mascara and if you even bother with mascara if you are applying lashes?

Also do you prefer individual cluster lashes or strip?

Oh and I also love Ilah brows Mineral brow powder as it doesn't move and they do a nice range of colours.

I personally think that it is imperative to use mascara alongside false lashes, it blends the two together. My current favourit mascara is Benefit They're Real - no smudging or running at all.

I personally think that it is imperative to use mascara alongside false lashes, it blends the two together. My current favourit mascara is Benefit They're Real - no smudging or running at all.
I agree, you definitely need mascara.

I use No.7 waterproof mascaras, they're fab.

As to whether I use clusters or strip lashes, it depends on the bride/client and what look they're going for. I think both can look lovely and some don't want them at all.

(I'm a strip lash kinda gal myself, but sometimes brides want something more subtle and generally when I wear lashes I'm going for dramatic ones :) ).

Oooh thank you ladies, Ill try both of those mascaras. I want to find a mascara that I will have faith in. I like to use mascara first and then apply the lashes or if the client is going for a vintage look then its usually individual lashes.

A friend of mine gave me a tip to get the bride to come to the salon for cluster lash application the day before to save time on the day, and they also last much longer if they aren't applied on top of mascara.

I just thought of another tip for those new to bridal makeup, work closely with other bridal makeup and/or hair stylists in your area as you often get bookings that are too large for you to do alone. You can team up and work together. I work with several in my area and its nice to work as a team sometimes!

Loving Laura Mercier eye liner.
It's a block which you moisten with water.Because you can control the consistency it's better than gel liners. The pigmentation is deep. Apply from under lash-line, pushing into lash roots - hope that makes sense.

Yeah Laura Mercier teach you to tight line. I never remember to do it though! hehe. I like their cake liner though, I think I have one somewhere. I have an Illamasqua one too that I just bought but haven't tried out yet.

Loving Laura Mercier eye liner.
It's a block which you moisten with water.Because you can control the consistency it's better than gel liners. The pigmentation is deep. Apply from under lash-line, pushing into lash roots - hope that makes sense.

Is it waterproof?

Briliiant thread x

Eyeko is the best mascara ever. x

Loving this tread ... Just got a load of real techniques brushes today (from boots) can't wait for my bridal trial tomorrow :) had a play earlier and they were lovely!

Too faced shadow insurance primer amazing, Le Maquillage Professional foundation palette,

Latest posts

Back