Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

Can anyone give me info on a good setting/fixing spray and how/when you use it.

Thanks x

If I'm going to invest in foundations and concealers, does anybody recommend a type, brand and a few colours that will suit a wide range of people?

If I'm going to invest in foundations and concealers, does anybody recommend a type, brand and a few colours that will suit a wide range of people?

What is it your looking to do is it. Bridal or photographic work?
I'm saving for mac face and body as the more u work it the more buildable coverage wise
And looks great in photos but I do more photographic work.i just have a few shades and mix them.
I'm sure
U will get a few more responses for bridal work

O and illamasqua skin base is incredible

What is it your looking to do is it. Bridal or photographic work?
I'm saving for mac face and body as the more u work it the more buildable coverage wise
And looks great in photos but I do more photographic work.i just have a few shades and mix them.
I'm sure
U will get a few more responses for bridal work
Thankyou.
I think it will be for Bridal and Prom work. X

Hi,

Can I ask what people use to highlight the cheekbones?

Thank you

I have 2 things I use. I have mac pearl Cream colour base, and also sleek to a contour and highlight
Palette that I quite like also .

Have also used benefit high beam in the past. All really good .

I currently use a MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in "Soft and Gentle".

High Beam from benefit. I also have something from Lancôme, can't remember what it's called but it's amazing. Radiance or something! X

for photographic make up i mix mac full coverage with face and body it achieves a flawless look but needs to be powdered well as it is quite thick. which is why its good for photographic but not in general

for bridal i love laura mercier foundation and for those brides wanting a very natural look the laura mercier tinted moisturiser mixed with a little bit of foundation.

concealer i swear by is dermacolour. it covers everything from spots, minor scarring and dark circles under the eyes and a little bit goes a long way.

What does everyone use for contouring work - I'm yet to find something I love?

Thanks for the replies on brushes ladies. I have a few MAC brushes that I use for myself, but I do find they shed, especially my big blush brush. Have any if you used crown brushes? I was going to stock up on them at the professional beauty show next month, but if they are rubbish I won't bother.

I use Bobbi Brown and Crown brushes... i personally like crown brushes as i've found they hold their shape a lot more then my bobbi brown ones and as for the price I would definately stock up on some. :)

Where can I get crown brushes from?
Thanks xx

for highlight if anyone can get a hold of this mineralize skin finish from mac, i suggest you buy 2, i love it, it's called shimpagne :)

Wasn't shimpagne limited edition a few years ago?? Have they re released it?

(It really is lovely.)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

So sorry for not replying sooner K4ren & Jolie69, I got my dermablend from Screenface (this was the wheel) and then the palette from Wigs up North, but Screenface also do the palette. Hope this helps :p

Hi
I did level 2 make up when i did beauty but haven't really done make-up on anyone other than family as to scared.

Anyway i have had several people ask me to do there bridal make-up and i really cannot afford to turn this business down, did you all just start out with basic training and then learn about products?

My main concern is foundations and powders as i now it has to be right for bridal make overs (if i avoid anything shimmery or glossy lips etc should i be ok)

for brides i would concentrate on matt foundations and powders etc

any advice appreciated would like to do every day makeups, bridal and celebrations only etc not photographic work.

I have a hen party on Saturday 26th May and will be doing my first ever 5 makeovers:Scared: have 20 mins each, any advice very welcomed

thx

Has anyone used benefits (BOING) concealer and foundation?

also is NYX maek-up any good i am a mobile beauty therapist doing occasional make-up not a make-up artist

Hi

I have a hen party on Saturday 26th May and will be doing my first ever 5 makeovers:Scared: have 20 mins each, any advice very welcomed

thx

Get them to remove own make-up and apply a light moisturiser while you set up, otherwise you will lose a lot of time prepping. HTH

Latest posts

Back