Make Up Artists ~ Which Brands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~ Fickle Feet ~

Reaction score
I would just like to ask all the make up artists out there (that includes anyone offering a make up service!) what make up brands do you carry and why??

Also - do you try and stick to one brand for continuity or do you have a selection from a few brands??

Last edited:
even though available on the high street i love MAC products, the variety of colors and finishes are amazing x

thanks for replying....do you exclusively use mac? xx

i do not do a great deal of make-up, but i find MAC products better than SBC which i used for my course, and mac pigment (eyeshadow) can be used for plenty of other things, eg blush, glitter , lipstick etc as you can mix with lots of other things x

Me too it has to be MAC all the way, the durability is amazing as is the range of colours..I only get positive feedback about MAC..

I do mix it up with a few other good brands that are avialable on the high street but favour MAC overall.. xxxx

I have said this before and will say it again, I advise a range of different make-up brands in one's professional kit. This way the MUA can be better prepared to tackle any skin type or condition.

My basic kit is mostly ArtDeco but I have added lots to it including Bobbi Brown, Stila, Benefit, MAC, Barry M, and loads more too. Mix and match all your favourite items and brand and you'll end up with a good kit.:)

what is the shelf life of most make up products?
i was thinking about dating each product discreetly somewhere so that I remember when its time to get rid!!!

I think it rather depends on the ingredients. Some products contain preservatives, some have fillers, artificial colour and fragrance, stabilisers, emulsifiers, all of which will have different shelf lives. More and more I see the little symbols on products saying 6,12, 24, etc which signify the shelf life in months. If in doubt you could ask the manufacturer for their data sheet on their product which should detail the ingredients and shelf life.
:)

Thanks for your help...this is what I love about this site!

For those of you who offer make up services do you find it a problem keep having to replace stock if its not been used?

I love to add new bits but it breaks my heart to throw out unused or barely used items.

I don't really do much on the make up front but would love to promote it some more and do a lot more of it.

More and more I see the little symbols on products saying 6,12, 24, etc which signify the shelf life in months. :)
It is now a requirement by law to have these symbols on packaging, specifying viability of product if not opened and once product is opened. I think this has been in effect for a couple of years now.

Latest posts

Back