Make Up: before and after shots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyddy

Reaction score
Everyone seems to taking before and after shots on Facebook of bridal make-up. One photographer even said only book a make-up artist if you can see before and after shots. The thing is I'd feel a bit rude asking for a 'before' shot. I'd wouldn't want a picture with no make-up on the internet.

Does everyone else get 'before' shots? How do you ask and do most clients mind?

I find it hard enough to get people to let me use the after picture on Facebook without asking for a before. Most people let me take a picture for my album to show people but not to put on the internet.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using SalonGeek mobile app

You could offer an incentive, like a discount next time but I also find it hard to get clients to agree to before pics. I wouldnt!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Do tests - I've done time for photos and it's easy enough. Get a model release so that you can use the images. Xx

Ive asked people but nobody wants their 'before' picture viewable to the public... I just take pictures of the makeup and i never have a problem getting custom.

As if a photographer told you that? hes a photographer not a makeup artist

I think that a after photo is enough. We all know what people look without the makeup to be honest and I personally think it's mean. The nasty comments sometimes people write because of the before photo. Your work will show regardless of the before picture in my eyes :D

I always take before and afters most don't mind

This is not something that I've ever done, or been asked to do. Your portfolio of work will show your skills, who has ever seen a make up artist portfolio with images of models with no make up on? Ridiculous.

Hi

I take before and after photos of all make overs I do.

I ask if I can take a before & never had anyone refuse.

For anyone that seems abit wary I always tell them people will only be thinking how fab they look not the fact they have any make up on.

I think as a customer and a bride to be myself I would much prefer to see a before and after to see the quality of the work.

Since last weekend where I only uploaded 3 before & afters I received ALOT of new likes and several new booking.

It obviously works x

I take before and after pics and always think they don't do my work any justice, I've friends who have amazing pics they use a lamp to highlight the face - its an eyelash emporium lamp - I think I might invest!

I also forgot a lot to take before pics - not just for make up for every treatment, lol xx

We rarely take before pics but always get after shots. We also ask photographers if they don't mind us using a couple of their pics that they post on Facebook (always giving photo credit) that way we also get to know them

Sent from my CUBOT X6 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm being brave, here's one of mine.
I've only done a very basic course and I'm not offering to paying clients yet (this is my friend) she's only the 3rd person I've done. Still have a really long way to go yet x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1417300665.860174.jpg
(Just to add she likes to do her own eyebrows)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1417370549.610361.jpg here's one of mine :) xx

Latest posts

Back