Make up brands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abi Smith

Reaction score
Hi I am back at college doing NVQ lvl2 beauty therapy really enjoying it so far got my kit but want to add to it i already do manis pedis waxing ect so its my make up kit I mainly want to build whats the best brand i can use build slowly & not break the bank!

Once you qualified you can get a professional discount with a number of brands usually 30% off retail so you can save few pennies while you doing this really helps

My daughter is doing a level 3 Makeup course this year (she did Level 2 beauty therapy last year). She has picked up lots of tips from experienced MUA's and has already built up quite a comprehensive kit. She doesn't use just one brand though, even though she does have a few favourites. The biggest challenge was foundations as it's very expensive to stock lots of colours and different brands to suit all clients so she went to all the makeup counters in department stores and explained she was training to be a MUA and asked if they would be prepared to give her some samples. Some will only give you one sample to match your own skin, but others were very helpful and gave her quite a few. This has enabled her to try lots of different foundations on herself and her clients to see which work best before she invests in full sized bottles.

If you don't want to be buying lots of individual foundations, Another option are the RCMA mixed pallets. (they do 2 for different skin tones). They're not cheap but you do get a lot of shades, so should always be able to find a match.

That's an excellent idea and I completely forgot about that. Mac gives out tons of samples I forgot !

That's an excellent idea and I completely forgot about that. Mac gives out tons of samples I forgot !

Yes, Mac are by far the most generous!

i have some sothys samples if you would like to try their brand

Latest posts

Back