Make-up chair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura h

Reaction score
Hi

I have just done a special bridal makeup training day and on the course we used a make up artist chair (like a directors chair but higher) and wondered if any one knows were to get them. I have been on he internet and cant seem to find them any were. Has any one got one????

Laura

Hi
I don't know where you could get one from but why don't you find out from your tutor where she got hers.
I've coped without one for years. Because I visit clients houses I look for the best light to do the make up in, and sometimes end up in quite small kitchens and living rooms which wouldn't have room for a make up chair!
I'd save your money and put it towards your kit.
Good luck X

I got mine form ellisons but dont think they do them anymore.

Try theatrical make-up companies.

Why dont you look on ebay? We got a white one form there and it was reasonable priced (albeit the wrong colour lol)

Hi
I don't know where you could get one from but why don't you find out from your tutor where she got hers.
I've coped without one for years. Because I visit clients houses I look for the best light to do the make up in, and sometimes end up in quite small kitchens and living rooms which wouldn't have room for a make up chair!
I'd save your money and put it towards your kit.
Good luck X
Couldn't agree more,I just put the couch in an upright position and as long as you have great light,good make-up and application,not to mention brushes, thats all that matters.:hug:

I coped without a chair for ages but to have one is the difference of stooping down low and not getting an eye level application. Not everyone has a high bar stool type chair in their kitchen. Also when your stooping down your not seeing the finish properly until client is standing upright - stooping over also casts shadows over the face.

In the salon a couch is perfect and more relaxing (as long as you can get round the side to check application) as the clients can put their heads right back.

Hi and thanks for your replies. I have to say that having used a makeup chair on the course I found it a lot easier to work, not having to keep walking around a couch and the client was at a perfect working height. Sometimes I find the couch can be difficult in confinded spaces. I managed to find a portable bar height chair at the weekend in dunelms at a fraction of the price the tutor was selling them for. I dont think you definitely need them if you have a couch but for me I cant wait for tommorow as I am doing a bridal trial and my new chair is fab!!

Laura

i am also looking for one of these chairs, i find that during trials especially my back starts to ache from bending and stooping for sometimes 2 hrs. anyone know where to get one?

Ellisons do still sell these chairs

Em x

thanks thats great x

I bought a fold up breakfast bar chair from John Lewis which is just the right height. It is light enough to carry but nice and sturdy and looks good quality too! :) xxx

Hi, in another thread someone recommended one from Nauticalia and it can be personalised around £50-£60 i think. Sorry i don't know how to link to website.

Hi and thanks for your replies. I have to say that having used a makeup chair on the course I found it a lot easier to work, not having to keep walking around a couch and the client was at a perfect working height. Sometimes I find the couch can be difficult in confinded spaces. I managed to find a portable bar height chair at the weekend in dunelms at a fraction of the price the tutor was selling them for. I dont think you definitely need them if you have a couch but for me I cant wait for tommorow as I am doing a bridal trial and my new chair is fab!!

Laura

Hey
I hope the experience with new chair went well.
I couldnt find anything suitable on the Dunelms. Which one did you get? I have a nice Ikea one though which cost 20 quids which i use for mobile work.

I got a bar stool from a charity furniture shop, cleaned it up, painted it and recovered the seat with a bit of material. Cost me the grand total of 7 quid and is perfect! :)

I too have one from Nautacalia, its brilliant, perfect height and most importantly it will save your back, especially if you have lots of make-up's to do. A very good investment! Laura x

Hey
I hope the experience with new chair went well.
I couldnt find anything suitable on the Dunelms. Which one did you get? I have a nice Ikea one though which cost 20 quids which i use for mobile work.
Hi I'm looking for a chair as well . do u have a pic of your IKEA chair

Latest posts

Back