Make-up chair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Laura h

Reaction score
Hi

I have just done a special bridal makeup training day and on the course we used a make up artist chair (like a directors chair but higher) and wondered if any one knows were to get them. I have been on he internet and cant seem to find them any were. Has any one got one????

Laura

NailLounge

Reaction score
Hi
I don't know where you could get one from but why don't you find out from your tutor where she got hers.
I've coped without one for years. Because I visit clients houses I look for the best light to do the make up in, and sometimes end up in quite small kitchens and living rooms which wouldn't have room for a make up chair!
I'd save your money and put it towards your kit.
Good luck X

pazzy

Reaction score
I got mine form ellisons but dont think they do them anymore.

Try theatrical make-up companies.

Why dont you look on ebay? We got a white one form there and it was reasonable priced (albeit the wrong colour lol)

ruthsy

Reaction score

BABSann

Reaction score
Hi
I don't know where you could get one from but why don't you find out from your tutor where she got hers.
I've coped without one for years. Because I visit clients houses I look for the best light to do the make up in, and sometimes end up in quite small kitchens and living rooms which wouldn't have room for a make up chair!
I'd save your money and put it towards your kit.
Good luck X
Couldn't agree more,I just put the couch in an upright position and as long as you have great light,good make-up and application,not to mention brushes, thats all that matters.:hug:

pazzy

Reaction score
I coped without a chair for ages but to have one is the difference of stooping down low and not getting an eye level application. Not everyone has a high bar stool type chair in their kitchen. Also when your stooping down your not seeing the finish properly until client is standing upright - stooping over also casts shadows over the face.

In the salon a couch is perfect and more relaxing (as long as you can get round the side to check application) as the clients can put their heads right back.

Laura h

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for your replies. I have to say that having used a makeup chair on the course I found it a lot easier to work, not having to keep walking around a couch and the client was at a perfect working height. Sometimes I find the couch can be difficult in confinded spaces. I managed to find a portable bar height chair at the weekend in dunelms at a fraction of the price the tutor was selling them for. I dont think you definitely need them if you have a couch but for me I cant wait for tommorow as I am doing a bridal trial and my new chair is fab!!

Laura

Bonkers

Reaction score
i am also looking for one of these chairs, i find that during trials especially my back starts to ache from bending and stooping for sometimes 2 hrs. anyone know where to get one?

Bonkers

Reaction score

Sharkster

Reaction score
Ellisons do still sell these chairs

Em x

Bonkers

Reaction score
thanks thats great x

shedunlop

Premium Geek
Reaction score
I bought a fold up breakfast bar chair from John Lewis which is just the right height. It is light enough to carry but nice and sturdy and looks good quality too! :) xxx

Buff

Reaction score
Hi, in another thread someone recommended one from Nauticalia and it can be personalised around £50-£60 i think. Sorry i don't know how to link to website.

mystique

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for your replies. I have to say that having used a makeup chair on the course I found it a lot easier to work, not having to keep walking around a couch and the client was at a perfect working height. Sometimes I find the couch can be difficult in confinded spaces. I managed to find a portable bar height chair at the weekend in dunelms at a fraction of the price the tutor was selling them for. I dont think you definitely need them if you have a couch but for me I cant wait for tommorow as I am doing a bridal trial and my new chair is fab!!

Laura
Hey
I hope the experience with new chair went well.
I couldnt find anything suitable on the Dunelms. Which one did you get? I have a nice Ikea one though which cost 20 quids which i use for mobile work.

Bug-A-Lugs

Reaction score

TracyS

Reaction score
I got a bar stool from a charity furniture shop, cleaned it up, painted it and recovered the seat with a bit of material. Cost me the grand total of 7 quid and is perfect! :)

lauralouhoo

Reaction score
I too have one from Nautacalia, its brilliant, perfect height and most importantly it will save your back, especially if you have lots of make-up's to do. A very good investment! Laura x

Nadia Majid

Reaction score
Hey
I hope the experience with new chair went well.
I couldnt find anything suitable on the Dunelms. Which one did you get? I have a nice Ikea one though which cost 20 quids which i use for mobile work.
Hi I'm looking for a chair as well . do u have a pic of your IKEA chair

Latest posts