Make up help please!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jadexx10

Reaction score
I am going to apologise now for the long thread but I am desperate for help.
I am getting married and have yet to find the perfect natural looking, long lasting foundation that offers a good enough coverage.
I have tried every MAC make up on offer and although I found Studio Sculpt looked nice it didn't last.
I have tried a few Clinique, the even better was the best but either too orange or the lighter colours made me look washed out and didn't seem to cover as well.
I have tried bare minerals and they didn't give me enough coverage and dried out my skin :sad:
I went to try on the Bobbi Brown natural finish foundation and don't know if it was the woman who applied it or the founation but it didn't look good either.
The one I am trying at the moment is Estee Lauder double wear, I think it is too matte for me but it lasts all day, I can't find a colour match perfect for me though and am starting to get stressed with trying to find a make up, I am hoping that one of you lovely ladies will be able to help me.
My skin is combination, I have an oily t zone and cheeks that are a little dry, I did have a few blemishes that came from nowhere and I am on medication to get rid of them, but I do still have a few so I still need a good coverage.
I want a lovely flawless looking foundation that will last, please help.

I know it isn't an easy question to answer over the internet, but if someone could just give me some advice on what to try I would be really grateful, thanks again

Chanel lumiere is perfect for brides. xxxx

which one there are lots of different lumiere products on the website, very confusing! Any others I could try?
Thanks xx

Try kryolan. They do a fantastic foundation. It lasts all day has a natural look and covers up everything. Apply it with a slightly damp foundation sponge to be sure that it spreads evenly (damp not wet). I use it for when I do bridal make up and it is amazing. Lasts in 40 degree weather all day but easily removed at the end of the day.

ring kryolan london get a HD sample kit it has colours n powders u can mix match creme liquid and cake.. £20 i think..... it also comes in airbrush that you can apply without airbrush... you will find a texture u like from the kit the white setting powder is also HD and light .. photos will look fab xx:D +44 20/7240 3111 charles fox

Is there anyone near you that does Airbase Air Brush Make Up where it gets sprayed on. I use this on Brides and it gives a great flawless look especially in photographs and it stays put all day as it is silicon based.

My brides love it.

Is there anyone near you that does Airbase Air Brush Make Up where it gets sprayed on. I use this on Brides and it gives a great flawless look especially in photographs and it stays put all day as it is silicon based.

My brides love it.

That's what I was going to say... I saw this done at the Scottish Beauty show last month and it looked fab... also several pro make-up artists that I know swear by it...

Great minds thinks alike Ruth.

I hope you are well.

Jackie x

Try Chanel Pro lumiere, is beautiful full coverage foundation has a glow to the skin. really really lovely xx;)

If you have found a great base thats lasts okay, look at a primer. MAc prep and prime is fab, but you MUST let it dry properly before applying foundation. Or go into superdrug and sample the GOSH range of primers. Similar results to mac, in my opinion. Then after foundation, you want a good good good setting powder. Ditto for the kryolan range as mentioned earlier. Kryolan setting powder in the clear shade (white powder, but sets most shades of foudation) And great for touch ups. My perfect combo for brides/proms is mac prep+prime, mac face + body, then kryolan setting powder. Lasts fantastic. Lush!good luck x x

If you have found a great base thats lasts okay, look at a primer. MAc prep and prime is fab, but you MUST let it dry properly before applying foundation. Or go into superdrug and sample the GOSH range of primers. Similar results to mac, in my opinion. Then after foundation, you want a good good good setting powder. Ditto for the kryolan range as mentioned earlier. Kryolan setting powder in the clear shade (white powder, but sets most shades of foudation) And great for touch ups. My perfect combo for brides/proms is mac prep+prime, mac face + body, then kryolan setting powder. Lasts fantastic. Lush!good luck x x

hi i just had a peek on mac, would you recommend prep + prime transparent finising powder, and which primer? the prep+prime skin, prep+prime line filler or skin refined zone??
thanks x

i never use a primer. i use a tiny amount of kryolan hd . put on skin in a fashion that you are painting the wall ! up n down left to right in a shade slightly lightes or the same skin shade . very fine... then cover and shade/highlight and let set for 5 min then put foundation either airbrush or foundation with a brush . set with getset HD kryolan or graftobian HDwhite powder . it will stay on all day ... i have found some primers make foundation flake after applying . mind you smashbox have a fab primer . for just a day makeup or night makeup for not as special occasions But again we all do things different and you will settle at what works best for you xx elisa

i recommend ybf foundation from qvc. it use to be called models prefer but they rebranded it. perfect for combo/oily skin. i wore it for my wedding day and have been using it for 3 years now. other than that dermalogica is quite good aswell but not as good a coverage as the ybf one. hope this helps!

probably not the answer you're expecting but I really rate Maybelline's dream satin liquid. I too am on medication for acne and I find that it dries my skin so providing I moisturise often enough, I find the foundation I mention here very reliable.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back