Make up jobs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shell-Perfect10

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
I'm thinking of getting a counter job over the winter while the wedding season is quiet, I'm a freelance make up artist and mainly do weddings.
Can anyone advise on where I can find job vacancies? I have found ones on the Estee Lauder site which cover EL, MAC, clinique and bobbi brown but anyone know where I can find lancome, bare essentials, Dior, chanel? Ive been searching the Internet for ages!! Xxx

Hi geeks,
I'm thinking of getting a counter job over the winter while the wedding season is quiet, I'm a freelance make up artist and mainly do weddings.
Can anyone advise on where I can find job vacancies? I have found ones on the Estee Lauder site which cover EL, MAC, clinique and bobbi brown but anyone know where I can find lancome, bare essentials, Dior, chanel? Ive been searching the Internet for ages!! Xxx

Hey hun, i work part time for clarins, in a dept store they have lots of vacancies at the moment not sure if there all full time or just temp for xmas but its worth looking. If youve got a dept store near u its worth checking directly with them and then go from there. When i applied for Clarins 9 yrs ago i didnt check to see what vacancies there were i just applied and they called me (if that makes sense). Im not sure on other careers websites but i can check with the girls i work with if u like :) hth x

Oh yeah clarins would be another great one :) I've just found there website and gonna apply... Any tips? To be truthful I don't use any clarins products ( not that I'm gonna say that obviously haha)
Yeah it'll just be for a couple of months til weddings start up again in April xxx

I used to work for Clarins many moons ago. I think the fact that you are a make up artist will really appeal to them. The skincare is so well known that it sells its self whereas the make up always needed a bit of a push as they are not really known for that.

Dont forget that it is basically a sales role and you will have targets to meet. You will need to get the knack of link-selling ie if you are doing a make over and selling cosmetics you also need to be able to point out to the customer that they will also need the waterproof eye makeup remover/cleanser etc to take it off.

Its a great company to work for though and the free product allowance could go towards building your kit up :wink2:

Hi. Sorry to hijack your thread but was wondering if you Clarins ladies could give me some advise. I have a telephone interview with them tomorrow for a business manager post. Could you give me any tips on how I go about preparing? and what questions they are likely to ask? I'm really surprised I've got this far as my experience is resteraunt management and my degree subject is totally unrelated! Sorry again about butting in!

Hi. Sorry to hijack your thread but was wondering if you Clarins ladies could give me some advise. I have a telephone interview with them tomorrow for a business manager post. Could you give me any tips on how I go about preparing? and what questions they are likely to ask? I'm really surprised I've got this far as my experience is resteraunt management and my degree subject is totally unrelated! Sorry again about butting in!

Good luck!! Basically they are after your business and management skills as they have excellent product training ! They are likely to ask you about your management skills and examples of ! If I remember correctly a business manager runs a counter with both retail and treatment rooms ! Write down all your strengths, weaknesses, examples of how you manage peoplee etc x x

Oh yeah clarins would be another great one :) I've just found there website and gonna apply... Any tips? To be truthful I don't use any clarins products ( not that I'm gonna say that obviously haha)
Yeah it'll just be for a couple of months til weddings start up again in April xxx

Claribs usually have many vacancies at Xmas so look on the website! They will give you excellent product training and lord of opportunity to master your sales techniques

Thank you for your tips! Just had the interview, I rambled on and really lost direction with my answers, I thought I had blown it. But to my surprise she asked me to come for a face to face interview! So excited, but really nervous! x

Latest posts

Back