Make up Kit Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C the Results

Reaction score
I am doing a make up course very soon and looking to buy a make up kit, I have looked at loads of previous threads but have been unable to find a company that sells a kit as a kit, is this because I am better off putting my own collection together? I will obviously be asking my tutor her advice but would really like the advice of other make up geeks. I am a mobile BT so don't really need retail products, I would really like a kit that has everything i am likely to need to start with that i can add to over time. Does anyone know of such a kit?
Thanks
Claire:confused:
Also just thought, I am going to The Olympia Beauty Show in September, would it be worth my while waiting to see if I can get my kit there? I have not been before so not sure what to expect!

Last edited:
:)Hi Claire,

Sorry I cant answer your question I am trying to find a make up kit too. However I have done a mini survey and everyone i have spoken to recommends mac make up as a must so I will be including it in my kit!

I am just starting off too and am looking for the best place to do a make up course. Where is your course and how long for? I live in Kent so cannot do one further than London.

Thanks

Helen

Mine is in Cambridge so probably no help to you! Sorry!

Hi

I would put your own kit together, there are slot of great products from various companies. You need to experiment with products you like. There is a make up forum you can google they have tonnes of advise and tried and tested section.

Forgot to say... Olympia for the first time is holding make up this year so I would get a few essentials and hold out until then

Hi

I would put your own kit together, there are slot of great products from various companies. You need to experiment with products you like. There is a make up forum you can google they have tonnes of advise and tried and tested section.

A forum just for make-up
Makeup Advice Forum ~ Index

I honestly would advise creating your own make-up kit. It is expensive and it will take time, but it is worth it in the long run. Sticking to one brand of make-up limits you in terms of skin types, tones etc..... Various brands gives you more scope. Trust me.

Hi everyone

I do makeup for Brides, Proms, other such special occasions and have been doing so for about 7 years.

I can't stress enough how I really rate putting your own kit together of all sorts of bits and bobs that you love!

Over the years I have found some real treasures from all brands including Collection 2000, Benefit, Clinique..all sorts. I am adding to my kit all the time too.

I have a fairly large makeup box and clients are always impressed with my 'treasure trove' of makeup. They are also impressed that they are pieces that I have tried and tested, so they trust me that the makeup I choose is the bees knees.

Also, I don't like the hard sell treatment myself and neither do most people, so they love the fact that as I don't stock any particular brand that I am not going to try and flog them something!

Tip; keep a look out in magazines at the beauty pages as there are often some good recommendations or new products to try in there too.

Hope this helps xx

Hi, I would recommend Artdeco the make-up is fab...! They do kits to suit what you need, & best of all they do kits to suit your budget :):!: Have a look on the website, goodluck

I am doing a make up course very soon and looking to buy a make up kit, I have looked at loads of previous threads but have been unable to find a company that sells a kit as a kit, is this because I am better off putting my own collection together? I will obviously be asking my tutor her advice but would really like the advice of other make up geeks. I am a mobile BT so don't really need retail products, I would really like a kit that has everything i am likely to need to start with that i can add to over time. Does anyone know of such a kit?
Thanks
Claire:confused:
Also just thought, I am going to The Olympia Beauty Show in September, would it be worth my while waiting to see if I can get my kit there? I have not been before so not sure what to expect!

Hiya, we do customised kits that suit your budget.

Better quality than **C, and we demonstrate it hands on - everytime. 1600 products, every possible shade and colour you need. We teach in colleges, we supply the better colleges (lots of colleges use cheap cash and carry stuff) and more importantly we supply TV and Film. Emmerdale, Corrie and Hollyoaks, Check out our twitter or facebook to see genuine conversations and pictures with celebs who use the stuff day in and day out on themselves on and off camera!

We are also the official makeup partners of the biggest threatre and musical producers in the country.

Perfect for bridal, fashion, daytime or glamour aside from editorial and film.

Always on trend, look at the fab new Autumn winter colours. In Germany we now have a 40% share of the selective market by volume. We outsell Chanel, Lancombe, Dior, YSL... all of them, because we have the highest possible quality at the best price.

We would be pleased to demonstrate and provide the backup and support you would expect of a professional makeup company. :)

Even if you mix products you find yourself depending on products that stay on and give you the colour you see in the container. I've seen professionals with mixed kits top up all day, why? because the product they use doesn't stay on and the pigments are lacking.

Mix and match when your core products aren't good enough? we don't need to, and that's a promise we can live up to!

Don't take our word for it, try it for yourself, you would be amazed at the world class makeup artistes recently who did the jaw dropping thing including the one who had an oscar for film makeup...... :)

I second the posters that recommend a varied kit. Do you need a kit for your course? If not I'd wait and get some advice off your trainers. I've trained under about 10 different make-up artists and have been introduced to some fab products by them that I would not otherwise have known about. And all used a wide range of brands in their kit. Do get a good set of brushes though - there's no point in having great products and rubbish tools!

Latest posts

Back