Makeup brushes Hairs falling out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailquueen

Reaction score
Is it me or my product.I cleaned all my make up brushes with a spray i got from Crown Brushes when i bought them.And now:mad: they are not the same,hairs falling out when you use them,they feel like they are coated with greece.Do all cleaners do this?I will have to by more now as the dont do the job they are ment todo.How often should i clean them,i do it once a week,on my own brushes.Every time i use my other set on a client.At this rate i will be using disposable which does not look pro,or get the same result.

Hello my friend,
I've been a make up artist for almost 10 years and in my opinion in your case it's either the brushes either this cleaning spray.
If the brushes are not well made they will start to lose their hair and shape very quickly. Now as far as this spray is concerned, have you used it before? Try cleaning brushes from the same manufacturer with another way (for example wash them with liquid soap) to see if it is the brushes or the spray that make the damage.
To tell you the truth, I, myself, always clean my brushes by washing them with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water, then I leave them lying on a dry towel and when they are dry they are as good as new!
Now as far as the frequency is concerned, because i am a hygiene freak, I wash my brushes every other customer, that is why I have several sets of brushes.
I know it's a procedure :irked: but trust me, in this way you will never meet skin problems and your customer will always admire you for your professionalism!
Take care!
:hug:

Hi,my brushes are badger hair & i got the spray from the same company.

Latest posts

Back