Male massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellabeauty13

Reaction score
Hi Ladies..

Looking for a little bit of advise..

Recently had a male in for a full body massage.. everything was okay the whole treatment, no weirdness, no comfortableness, seemed like a genuinely normal person. Okay so treatment was over and he left and within an hour of him being gone he texted me about booking in for next week, but this time could I include glutes without towel? now I only offer glutes if client asks for them done, which was perfectly normal, but without towel kind of shocked me? From day one of training I have been taught to always have clients modesty covered. I replied pretty much saying, yes that's fine (to glutes) but could he keep his boxers on? (I'm relatively new at this and wanted to get my confidence up) to which he replied, would be nice to get it done without pants and towel? meaning he would be completely naked? There was alot of other texts, and to be honest it kind of made me uncomfortable which I didn't want as he did seem like a nice man..

Long story short, he basically just wanted to get full body massage done without any clothes on whatsoever, and no towel over him to cover modesty? He also sent a few texts which sent alarm bells through me, as some of the things he was saying made me feel very uncomfortable. First time doing male full body and I've been completely put off..

Am I over reacting?

I'm hair so can't speak from experience, but the fact that he's made you feel uncomfortable should be warning enough!

If there's any doubt, there's no doubt...! X

Yes, especially as I am new to starting up my business. I feel bad as i know men like massage too but I just don't like what he was saying to me.. Must listen to my head.

I have a lot of male clients that come in for regular massage and if one of them asked to be fully naked without a towel I would definitely say NO!
If he still insists and still makes you feel uncomfortable just say "Sorry i can't carry out your treatment"
If your gut is telling you he's after something "more" then it's probably right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have many male clients and most are regular good clients

I always massage glutes when doing legs in a massage

They always have a towel and boxers or pants on I just professionally pull them up when I'm draping my towels

If he has made you feel uncomfortable then don't do it

Sometimes text messages come across wrong maybe call him and talk to him

Could you book him in again and have someone there, like a friend/partner, just hidden and out of the way?

When I worked on my own I didn't take male clients simply because I didn't want to feel vulnerable. Now we're in a salon, not a problem!

I had a few odd experiences and refused to feel like that in my own home!

You can always say no!

Good luck x

to which he replied, would be nice to get it done without pants and towel?
Am I over reacting?

There's places he can go for this and it's got nothing to do with beauty massage therapy. Shame on him. Why do people spoil it for others!

No lovey you're not overreacting at all. Xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Tell him to f*** off! Don't take any crap from these perverts. Be strong and to the point and tell him that due to his unreasonable requests you are no longer able to have him as a client and he should find another therapist.

Tell him to f*** off! Don't take any crap from these perverts. Be strong and to the point and tell him that due to his unreasonable requests you are no longer able to have him as a client and he should find another therapist.

Agreed!! Tell him to "do one" and go forth

I have massaged many male clients and have learnt the HARD way (pun intended ;) ) to stay clear of men wanting naked bottom massages, they usually wanting more! (Perverts!!!)
I have many lovely male clients who do as I ask, i.e. leaving underwear on!
If you feel uncomfortable stay clear...
X

Say to him that that kind of massage is not available from you. And suggests he finds a sports therapist. That way if he is genuine (I am guessing from the constant txt heis not) he won't feel so bad but if he's a perv you have sent him on his way. X

I just had to google what glutes were and okay he basically wants you to massage his backside while he's naked! Do not go there!! What a perv! I'm sorry but I can't imagine he's being anything but pervy. That's one client you don't need.

Trust your instincts hon. If he's making you feel uncomfortable over text, how will you feel with him back in your treatment room?

I agree with the poster above, if he says he needs work done on the glutes recommend he goes to a sports therapist.
I usually do work on the glutes, but it's pants on and towel on, just adjusted so I can uncover the side I am treating!

thank you ladies for all of your replies!! It is a shame one has to go and ruin it for them all, as now I don't feel comfortable at all doing males.. shame really, but have to think of me first! really appreciate all your thoughts :) xx

Don't be put off doing male clients! I have some lovely male clients who are now regulars! Trust me, not all of them are perverts :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back