Male massages in home based salons?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GracefulH&B

Reaction score
Was just wondering, do those of you who have home based salons do male massages? If so, how do you keep yourself safe? My husband works in Nigeria so organising a time when my husband is home is a no go and I don't know anyone else who would just come and sit in my house when I was working. If you are a female only salon; how do you get that across to people?

Would appreciate any advice. Last week my little boy was sick so I put a temporary greeting on my phone saying that I wasn't available for the rest of the week. I had a chap ring 16 times looking to get his feet done (I'm also a foot practitioner). He just kept ignoring my message and kept ringing and leaving messages. I rang back but couldn't get through, so left a message and text him to say I would ring him today. Rang him today and made an appointment with him to get his feet done. He then said he wanted a full body massage. To quote, he said "I want my back done, my legs done, stomach, everywhere". I had decided that I was going to be a female only salon as I am based down a quiet, secluded lane so I said that unfortunately, I wasn't really competent in massages just yet but he said he didn't care he still wants one. He took me by surprise and he wasn't really taking no for an answer so I booked him in for a week wednesday. My husband doesn't want me to do it, he thinks it sounds a bit dodgy. Who rings 16 times for an appointment, and one with somebody who isn't competent? This fella took me by surprise and I didn't want to offend him by saying "sorry, don't do men" He's probably a really nice fella and become a regular customer but my husband has made me think. Not quite sure what to do so any advice would be appreciated.

And what if you get a dodgy female client that acts inappropriate during the service?

Your gent could just be very demanding, as in limited time so he has everything done in one slot? Chances are he isn't what you think at all!

Trust your instincts, unfortunately I would probably cancel this client and he might be absolutely fine. However you are by yourself and you should not take any chances.

male or female, this situation doesn't sound right. calling 16 times, strange...asking for "everywhere" to be massaged, weird.....not caring that you stated you're not competent, worrying! If it were me I'd cancel this appointment.

Its your home and if you dont feel 100% comfortable you should follow your gut instinct ...
You will probably get loads of different responses Im sure... but I run my business from home and at times you do have situations that you question... So do what feels right for you and your safety.

Good luck..Jack

i dont do treatments for men in my home x thats my choice

Regardless of sex if you feel uncomfortable cancel the appointment. You have a duty to yourself and your family to stay safe.

I have a list of other therapists who work in salons so if I'm not 100% happy I can just say I'm fully booked but pass them to another therapist who is happy to take on anyone as they work with other people.

Do what's right for you.

Go with your instincts. If it feels wrong then it probably is.

I work from home and I only see male clients via recommendation either through friends or current clients. My website is female orientated, but I still get males phoning requesting massage. I simply explain that I only see men through recommendation. Never been a problem, majority of them understand why, as a home salon, I prefer it this way. I realise that I am potentially loosing lots of clients, but its my business...so its my choice.

i dont do treatments for men in my home x thats my choice

Neither do I..........as a 5ft tall 8 stone petite lady I feel very vulnerable...

I am sure that 99.9% of men are absolutely lovely and safe but I'm just not willing to risk the other 0.1%.

Sorry guys......

PB
x

If my husband wasn't happy I wouldn't do it. It's his house too and I would feel it unfair for him to be worrying about me the whole time especially as he is miles away.

One of my clients was asking me about a similar intimate waxing scenario the other day and we were joking about making the police report...so madam, the man was naked and you had his penis in your hand, and then what happened...

If you feel it's not right, don't do it.

This is probably a good example of why people should know their limits and what they are comfortable doing before hand - when asked you can then confidently say no. The second you umm and err you can be pushed into a situation you are not happy with. It’s a shame some use massage and now intimate waxing as a guise for sexual services.

This is probably a good example of why people should know their limits and what they are comfortable doing before hand - when asked you can then confidently say no. The second you umm and err you can be pushed into a situation you are not happy with. It’s a shame some use massage and now intimate waxing as a guise for sexual services.

Yep, it's a shame indeed. You would NOT believe some the phone calls and texts I've had from men regarding massage and in particular "what's included" :eek:

Good job I have an excellent sense of humour :lol:

PB
x

hey ladies i work from home with massage abd beauty therapy any new male clients i will take if my hubby or son in law is home if they are not home i refer them to a male collegue so my advice is get to know the other therapists in your area go with gut instinct it has never let me down

I work from home and I only see male clients via recommendation either through friends or current clients. My website is female orientated, but I still get males phoning requesting massage. I simply explain that I only see men through recommendation. Never been a problem, majority of them understand why, as a home salon, I prefer it this way. I realise that I am potentially loosing lots of clients, but its my business...so its my choice.

I am exactly the same xxxxxxx

He called you 16 times? That's not right.
If I was me I would cancel his massage+feet treatment.

Personally I would not offer massage for men at home salon.
I used to had home based salon and offer male waxing yet I received many weird calls, text messages and emails. It's too dangerous since you will be alone at home, my advice NO don't do it.

This is a good idea, see men through recommendation.

It's such a shame because chances are he's fine, but if you're not comfortable, whoever it is, then you should cancel if you can't jade a male friend or relative around.

It makes it sound like there's sexual predators everywhere which simply isn't the case but then all you can go by is how you feel. I feel sorry for men that a few bad ones ruin it for the rest, but its not worth the risk if you don't feel safe.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

No I won't do men. When I first had a newspaper advert when I opened my first male call was a total oddbod pervert who stupidly mistaken aromatherapy Swedish massage for dodgy naughty massages!! Put me off! I do fine with females, I do miss men as they're always a good laugh but I am busy enough. If always have someone around though .

I've had a few dodgy calls/clients. The first male massage I did from home was one that caught me on the hop. My neighbour said she would be around, so I did him. I asked him to get undressed and cover himself with the towels, but unfortunately he wrapped a towel around himself and asked me to come in. I then had to arrange the towel so it covered him, and at that point discovered he was wearing no undies!!! Mild panic, but was VERY careful coming up the leg, I can tell you!!! From then on, I don't do men. I practised saying it so that if one called, I would say 'I'm ever so sorry, but I don't do male clients'. There is a place near me that does do men and there's a very dodgy place that also offers extras, so there's lots for them to choose from.

Latest posts

Back