Male waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzanne1118

Reaction score
Ok so I'm used to waxing men - back, chest, arms etc, but I have a guy in for a wax today for a full leg and underarm. Am I being old fashioned to think this is a tad strange? He doesnt sound gay and he was so natural booking the appointment! What do you think?

Hi some guys just dont like being hairy, like some woman dont mind being hairy haha, I know a few guys who get waxed there, it's a young guy thing I think, they are more metro sexual now x

Hi some guys just dont like being hairy, like some woman dont mind being hairy haha, I know a few guys who get waxed there, it's a young guy thing I think, they are more metro sexual now x

Ok at least I know I'm not the only one doing it! Cant stop laughing at 'some woman dont mind being hairy' :lol: Tis true x

Not strange at all.......I am male St8 and have full body waxing for exactly the same reason women do I find it so much more hygenic and why should guys look after themselves the same as women after all we live in a equality state mmmmmmmmmm ok that might be questionable but joking apart I prefer to be hair free.

I'm afraid I like a hairy man lol the hairier the better haha, but who wouldn't want to be hairfree and silky can't blame men for that 

I, and I know Jack will say the same, have many many guys who have their legs and underarms waxed. Not at all unusual.

Mat

We have a few guys who have underarm and full leg waxes. Most of the clients who have it done at my salon are over 40 so I don't think it is particularly a thing that young men have done.
They have it done for all sorts of reasons- some are sporty and they don't like the feel of sweat, some just don't like hair full stop.
I find it strange that you find it strange-lol

I have many men who come for either full body waxing, or everything from the waist down etc. Not in the least bit strange. Could turn into a very loya customer for you.

Your " and he doesn't sound gay" comment is a little strange to me - many str8 men get waxed

Terry

Most of my guy friends I used to work with waxed. I guess they were the "Jersey Shore" type. None of them were gay either.

I wax my boyfriend, he is a sportsman and needs a chest/back as well as a leg and arm wax as he wears a wetsuit frequently for triathlons.

Turns out he just wanted to be more hygenic! Ive never come accross this before thats why I found it strange, I didnt mean to offend the men here sorry :smack: Maybe its just not big around my area but I wont freak out now next time! :lol:

Ok so I'm used to waxing men - back, chest, arms etc, but I have a guy in for a wax today for a full leg and underarm. Am I being old fashioned to think this is a tad strange? He doesnt sound gay and he was so natural booking the appointment! What do you think?

it is becoming more and more common for males to get waxed, regardless of sexual preference, to me im am not bothered who it is im waxing, (as long as they are clean lol) i think many more men (well the brave ones) would get waxed if they didnt feel so embarrassed about the whole salon experience! my hubbie is what can be described as a 'mans man' lol:rolleyes: but he gets waxed, he feels its much more hygienic!

ps i think your 'doesn't sound gay' remark could be taken in the wrong way !

it is becoming more and more common for males to get waxed, regardless of sexual preference, to me im am not bothered who it is im waxing, (as long as they are clean lol) i think many more men (well the brave ones) would get waxed if they didnt feel so embarrassed about the whole salon experience! my hubbie is what can be described as a 'mans man' lol:rolleyes: but he gets waxed, he feels its much more hygienic!

ps i think your 'doesn't sound gay' remark could be taken in the wrong way ! its a tad stereotypical???

Sorry to throw the spanner in the works, but I'm str8 & I have a full leg wax at my local salon.

I think you need to be careful what you label 'strange' and how you categorize people - your comments are a bit patronizing towards gay people, (yes) very old fashioned and completely fabricated on stereotype.

I think many straight men are now having full body waxing for hygene, vanity or because their girlfriends like it. I also have a friend who is a transvestite who has it done to aid his appearance (he could really pass for a girl) - nonetheless he's also straight (as are most transvestites). Furthermore I have gay friends who do not wax so i think you need to shift your mind set away from the really basic stereotypes and that way you wont react irrationally (i.e. 'freak out') when a man asks you for a full-body wax. If you are going to act like a professional you need to keep up with the times otherwise your male customers may find YOU a bit strange (lol)

Sorry if i sound a bit harsh - but you did ask.

good luck

xx

I am a str8 man in my fifties. I had my first waxing (down there!) a couple of years ago after being contacted thro' the Guinea Pig site. It was fantastic. Firstly the experience was strangely ritualistic and enjoyable and secondly the pain was not in the least as bad as I had expected. Oh and thirdly the wife thought the results were amazing! Unfortunately the lovely lady who did it no longer appears to be in business. If anyone in the Herts/Beds area would like a regular customer for this type of waxing then feel free to send me a PM. (I hope this post is in keeping with site rules.) Take care. Steve x

I think you need to be careful what you label 'strange' and how you categorize people - your comments are a bit patronizing towards gay people, (yes) very old fashioned and completely fabricated on stereotype.

I think many straight men are now having full body waxing for hygene, vanity or because their girlfriends like it. I also have a friend who is a transvestite who has it done to aid his appearance (he could really pass for a girl) - nonetheless he's also straight (as are most transvestites). Furthermore I have gay friends who do not wax so i think you need to shift your mind set away from the really basic stereotypes and that way you wont react irrationally (i.e. 'freak out') when a man asks you for a full-body wax. If you are going to act like a professional you need to keep up with the times otherwise your male customers may find YOU a bit strange (lol)

Sorry if i sound a bit harsh - but you did ask.

good luck

xx

As I said above I didn't mean to offend anyone. The only reason I said that 'he doesnt sound gay' is because in my 9 years of experience they always have been (or you get the occassional boyfriend with his tale between his legs being sent by his girlfriend). I dont think there is anything wrong with men getting waxed, I just didnt know men were getting into it! I do think it's great because now they know what we go through :lol:. The reason I would be a little funny about it is I can sometimes be here on my own and lets face facts, a man attacks you theres seldom a way out! I have had bad experiences with men before (for massage) and so its always in the back of my mind. I think its better to be safe than sorry, but thats why its such an issue for me.

Sorry to hear about your bad expereinces - maybe you should have an assistant in the building for your male clients you dont know.

Men waxing is great. I am 50+ and men seem to be really comfortable around me. I tell them how it is when they ask me about waxing. I do not do men's intimate waxing as there is no where here for me to train for it. :sad: It is definately becoming more popular. I had an young man the other day. He was so nervous to have his chest waxed I had to talk to him for a while till he settled down. In the end he said it wasn't at all that bad and he'd see me in a few weeks. What I liked is that he had read my information sheet and asked me questions. Was serious about following the after-care advice also. :)

As I said above I didn't mean to offend anyone. The only reason I said that 'he doesnt sound gay' is because in my 9 years of experience they always have been (or you get the occassional boyfriend with his tale between his legs being sent by his girlfriend). I dont think there is anything wrong with men getting waxed, I just didnt know men were getting into it! I do think it's great because now they know what we go through :lol:. The reason I would be a little funny about it is I can sometimes be here on my own and lets face facts, a man attacks you theres seldom a way out! I have had bad experiences with men before (for massage) and so its always in the back of my mind. I think its better to be safe than sorry, but thats why its such an issue for me.
I wax male clients every day and never have had any problems or any inappropriate behaviour...

As Mat said earlier loads of men have leg waxing and underarm waxing and during the summer months I do a lot more of these. I have a mix of clients and most of these clients are not gay and most have body waxing as part of their grooming regime. I do 3 or 4 male underarm waxes most days and its very common...

I worked in a spa in Crete and had a mixture of male and female therapists and often it was the female clients that had the most inapproriate behaviour... I could tell a few tales!!... lol...

Jack

Latest posts

Back