Male waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrs-wax

Reaction score
Hello,

First time posting on here so I hope I'm doing it right.

I am a female and male waxer and work on my own.

Recently I've had a few strange fellas in and I don't know how to answer their texts.

One came in for a treatment and first tried to convince me he was allergic to my gloves. Treatment went fine but then he texted me later that day to say "I hope it wasn't too embarrassing ""all the erections" (exactly how he put it)

To be honest I didn't notice when I was working..

Ok now he is wanting to come for another appointment and saying this:

Yeah possibly, I'm just still worried bout two things going the full wax and also the erection thing, if it goes on too long

Having the full is it very painful

That was what I was worried about and if having an erection for too long would it " get in the way of the procedure"

And the obvious wouldn't get in the wY then

What does he mean????

What does he mean if it goes on for too long??? [emoji19]

Sorry it was a long post... Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated..

I think he means if the erection goes on for too long and he worries it might get in the way? Maybe he Is genuinely worried about getting a erection because it's probaly embarrassing but i would be careful especially as you work on your own, if you don't feel comfortable then don't do it, you don't want to dread doing this guy every time if you feel he could be being inappropriate.

I'd be fully booked and let him go and have his erections somewhere else. Can you recommend him a male waxer or at least a lady who doesn't work on her own ?
I know we don't like to give work away but seriously wouldn't want this one. The way the texts are worded is quite blase too.

Did you remove the gloves in the end? If not and you carried on then he can't possibly be allergic to them or he wouldn't have continued with the treatment. I'd agree with blossom and be fully booked the next time he calls.

I also wax males and females, and work from home by myself (I'm female). Over the last year, I've learnt a lot about clients behaviour, who to avoid, who's not worth doing an appointment for etc. I try and weed out the strange guys before they even get to booking stage- you can generally tell if they're odd by the things then ask, the words they text, and if they keep repeatedly texting you. I can tell you this much- I've become very strict with who I will and won't book in. If anyone shows signs of odd / sexual behaviour even at the time of booking, I tell them straight and suggest they look for someone other than a waxer. I've been asked so many weird things, I could write a book! Erections are common with my clients, but all I say to them is that an erection is one thing, I just ignore it and work around it, but if they say or do anything inappropriate, then they will be asked to leave, whether treatment is finished or not. My golden rule is if in doubt, don't book them. It's not worth it for 1 appointment / 1 client. Your safety is the most important thing, and you should feel comfortable with all of your male clients. Genuine clients don't make you feel awkward. Hope that helps xxx

If anyone asked me to remove my gloves there would be no waxing, end of!

No I didn't remove the gloves..

I was bizarre, he said he was allergic to latex and I said that's ok I use vinyl then the response was oh maybe that's the one I'm allergic too [emoji19] he was fine throughout the whole treatment..

I agree erections are not uncommon however what I don't like is the attention he brings to it, keeps asking about it and asking what if it lasts for too long.. ! Clearly it was fine last time and I finished my work so why would someone keep asking??

I think your all right and I'm glad I posted on here thank you.. I should be busy..

I still have to text back to his text though and I'd like to be professional [emoji53]

Sounds like a creep and I wouldn't even bother responding. He'll get the message.

If it "lasts too long" I've heard that hitting it with a pencil is very effective lol

What a creep. He is obviously hinting for a hsppy ending. Id be telling him to hold his breath for 20 seconds, this gets rid of erections

Absolutely agree with others comments.

Sometimes, erections occur, and is totally involuntary. If its a genuine guy, he would be mortified by it, and certainly would not bring attention to it, as he has with his texts to you etc. I would sack him off totally. Ignore his texts, don't get embroiled in it. Its idiots like this that give us males a bad name!, and spoil it for the good guys

He's a perv! You don't need or want these type of clients and they are very rare indeed. They seek out the nervous waxers and chance their luck. Nearly all male clients are lovely decent guys like your brother/uncle/neighbour who have the hair removed for the same reasons that women do.

That's the reason that I gave my mens waxes names so that they don't have to keep discussing body parts.

I have waxed thousands of men and let me tell you that it's totally inappropriate for them to become erect during their waxing.........a decent guy will lay there with his eye shut tight praying for it to go away.........and it will.

Maybe I'm kidding myself and I'm just too old and ugly:) Seriously, these types get off on you looking and being intimidated.

Hope it didn't make you feel too awful as I know it's horrible.

If you feel the slightest bit unsure don't fo it, follow your instinct

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back