Mani/Ped products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitterball

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good range of mani/ped products to use?

Im just starting out and most of the products Ive been looking at are peppermint. Id like to offer something different ie aromatherapy range/natural ingredients. Delicious smelling products!

My two favourite ranges are Cuccio and Pinnacle.
Pinnacle is a great range if you want to have a signature scent or carry one scent through your service as they do their hand wash, cuticle oil and lotion all the in same scent, with a choice of almond, peach & vanilla, kiwi, cranberry, and melon. They also offer polish remover in cranberry, kiwi or melon, and paraffin in peach & vanilla, melon or cranberry.
The packaging is quite modern and would appeal to all age ranges, and the SoHo pedicure range is lovely.
The Cuccio range has more mixed scents although they now offer their soak balls, lotion and cuticle oil in a Papaya & Green Tea scent. The packaging looks pretty posh and you can offer separate skin lightening or anti-oxidant services with their lemon lightening serum or grapeseed anti-oxidant spray which I'm hoping will be a hit with the more mature generation.

I know what you mean about looking at scent, along with packaging they are one of the major things that drive my searching (although obviously quality is at the top of the list). When I did market research for product launching at uni scent and colour/packaging were the two highest ranking considerations for consumer choices.

Both the Cuccio and Pinnacle are lovely so my advise is see if you can get a sniff of either of them!!
HTH x

I also use Cuccio and agree that they are lovely products. The Grapeseed oil that bimbogeri mentions smells lovely and feels luxurious when you apply it.

The pedi milk and honey products smell so good and the people I practice on all say how lovely they smell.

Thanks for mentioning the milk & honey products,Sal, I'd totally forgotten them! What's more the milk & honey butter blend is great for hands as well as feet and they do milk & honey hand soak balls, so you can offer a combined mani/pedi package using the same scent.
They've also just released in the US a Bergamot, Citrus Herb & Clary Sage butter blend which is a fab smell and unisex enough for men, and massage creams in Milk & Honey, and Rosemary & Cardamon, which have matching aromatherapy sprays for spraying onto hot towels/towelling mits etc.
I don't know if and when they will be coming to the UK, what with the problems with United Beauty, but I've been ordering from www.premiernailsource.com in the US.
:D

Oooh they all sound lovely - I am such a sucker for trying new products!

Thanks for putting the website link in your e-mail for me bimbogeri.

I WORK FOR A COMPANY CALLED NAILORDER, AND WE SELL THE FULL PINNACLE MANICURE RANGE AT EXCELLENT PRICES, WE HAVE A WEBSITE IF YOU'D LIKE TO LOOK AT IT, ITS WWW.NAILORDERCATALOGUE.COM. WE ALSO SELL THE SOHO PEDICURE RANGE WHICH IS VERY POPULAR FOR BOTH MOBILE AND SALON BASED TECHNICIANS.

I use the Cuccio range for mani's but for my pedi's I use Heel to toe from Sally's. They were handing out giant bags at a trade show once and I wanted to put my jacket into something so I picked up some mini pedicure products for 50p each so I could get the bag!! I used them on myself and loved them That was about 2 years ago!

i use the pedicure range from salon services for my basic pedicures and the creative spa range for my more expensive pedicures. I love adore my creative pedicures but for a good starting range, I like the s/services one - the hydrating mask is lovely :)

Check out Creative's Raw Earth pedicure range, very nice and not as gender based. Ie very earthy and appealing for guys. Still more of a premium priced product... HTH

well if its a spa mani and pedi range then it has to be spa elements for me ..the buttermint buffing scrub is my fave step...totally yummy:)
check out www.ezflow.com for more infor abt it
hth

Jess
xox

Thanks guys, I will check out the websites. Sounds fab! :biggrin:

I use Kathleen Kay at the moment, it uses natural ingredients and they are very helpful and reasonably priced. I got starter kits for mani and pedi which had everything you need for £40 each. They were quite big kits.
http://www.sbbm.co.uk/Public/ProductInfo.aspx?id=59

I ordered the chocolate spa products and they smell really good. When I first started in november I offered a free mini hand massage to the clientele in the hair salon downstairs using the chocolate lotion. Everyone loved the smell and it left the whole salon smelling of chocolate.

I also use the Cuccio bella mani range but have found that when I do a hand massage with the lavender lotion, it tends to flake all over the client. They are relatively new products so I don't know why it's flaking when I massage it in.

Has any of the cuccio users ever experienced this problem?

ooh where did you get the chocolate smelling stuff ??

My question too!
I saw lovely choccie stuff on an American site, I think it was discussed on a thread a few months back but I've never seen a UK supplier.
I make my own choccie stuff but can't be naffed to get it certified so I could use it but I bet it'd go like hotcakes, that American stuff: where can I get it?!?!
Also, did anyone order those choccie lip glosses that looked like Ferrero Rocher from the Mad Beauty crimbo flyer? Was sorely tempted but couldn't really justify the whole 36-pot display. Did anyone think they were good or know if they'll be available singularly?

I ordered mine from Canada. There was a thread on here that contained the links. It's the chocolate binge spa products, but I don't have the contact details. Ordered them months ago. Maybe if you do a search on here you might find the names of the companies. There are 2 different companies. I haven't found anywhere in the UK that sells it.

I have just bought the new 'KAESO' manicure/ pedicure range.
Im dure to use it tomorrow on client.
It is meant to be less harsher chemicals than some of the other products and its certainly cheaper!
So im going to see how well i go with these and then probably give it a rateing too.
Does anybody else use the 'kaeso' range?:)

Latest posts

Back