Mani & Pedi's For The Old Age

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileNails

Reaction score
I have been asked if I want to come in once a fortnight at an old age village and do pedicures and manicures for the ladies..I just want to get some help from geeks here about some safe and possibly alerganic products...

I would like to try and stick to the one brand and buy all the steps to perform a pedi or a mani but I am a little worried. I need to find one that would be safe for oldies, as we all know most have old and sensative skin and possibly other dermatis problems...
I have a pamphlet from natural look range and it seems to look good..It's all an aromatherapy system..Can anyone put me onto something that would be suitable for what I want and hopefully available to me in Australia...

For a pedi I'd want the
sea salt
scrub
mask
massage lotion
and a revitalising spray

and basically the same for a mani..
I was at a beauty warehouse a couple of weeks ago and they had, buy the pedicure system for $150 and get the complete manicure system for free..I should of looked into it and asked about the product then, as I think this would of been a good price...

What would I expect to pay for a complete pedicure system would you think?

Hope To Hear Some Positive Results Soon As..

I think you are brill to do that. The older person is entitled to some pampering just as much as we are and spending quality time with them lifts their spirits.
The product range you talk about sounds good. keep it as natural as possible and you cant really go wrong. But I do have a few pointers to keep in mind:

Make sure your scrub is not too abrasive as mature skin is more sensitive, and never use scrub on people with diabetes. If it gets stuck under the nails or inbetween toes it can cause serious problems.

Make sure you use your sanitising spray as often as poss on your mature clients and on your hands to stop any germs spreading.

When doing your massage do not be too firm over boney areas as some people really do bruise that easily.

I know these are just common sense but I just wanted to remind you. My Mum has done basic training with mature mani and pedi's and worked with them for a while. She loves going as she brings joy to them people and in return they bring joy to her! It is very rewarding.
Good luck with it all and Im sure you will get on really well!!
S-J

Oh thanks for those tips..Would there be any other tips you may have at all..Anything else I would or should know with the older aged...I didn't know about the diabetes..:eek:
Is it just the scrub not to use or anything else??
Is it only just a diabetic?
Would you think I would need to write up a thing for them to sign to be safe....
Any help on what to write would be appreciated...?

What exactly does the scrub do?
I am going to a beauty warehouse to get a pedi system tomorrow and I will ask them a heap of questions tomorrow but never knew about the diabetes thing...:eek: ...

Creative have the Spa range for both manicure and pedicure, gorgeous products, very high quality, smell fab and do what they say on the bottle :wink2:
They're extremely popular and clients are able to buy the retail products from the range too.
Sea Salt Glow is an exfoliator, contains Dead Sea Salts and minerals, conditions the skin at the same time as exfoliating, non greasy and smells gorgeous!

Creative have the Spa range for both manicure and pedicure, gorgeous products, very high quality, smell fab and do what they say on the bottle :wink2:
They're extremely popular and clients are able to buy the retail products from the range too.
Sea Salt Glow is an exfoliator, contains Dead Sea Salts and minerals, conditions the skin at the same time as exfoliating, non greasy and smells gorgeous!
no fair! you type faster then me:lol:
I go to a day center once a month and do mani's I put all my polishes out and they are like kids in a sweet shop, they love picking out their latest look and as for gossip, my god:eek: we always have a good natter about our familys and what everyone has been up to, I think they love that more then the mani's:lol:

Latest posts

Back