Manicure for men

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cliché

Reaction score
Hello all~

This morning I was asked by a man if I could do a manicure for him (in his words he asked: "Can you do something with these?" and showed me his hands/nails).

Have you ever done manicures on men? What techniques do you use?

I follow the CND Classic Manicure on my female clients and myself (before Shellac hehe). Should I be doing the same for men, minus the polish?

Sorry if this sounds a little silly :S I'm just really not sure.

Any tips, suggestions, anything. TIA!

Hey, I did practice on my husband while i did my manicure course at college. I just did the same but buffed nails for a nice shine instead of a polish. He does still get the odd manicure to keep his nails looking better as he bites his nails.

I have a few guys in for manicures (and pedicures) on a regular basis. I follow exactly the same procedure as when I'm carrying out the treatment on a woman. Obviously most men like shorter nails, so minimum free edge. Exfoliation on a mans hands can make a huge difference and then finishing with either a matt base coat (although some like the shine!) or a buff finish is usually the way I go.

Great! That's what I thought :) Thanks ladies~

Latest posts

Back