Manicure for Natural Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annie

Reaction score
I'm getting quite confused (Again!) I have recently done my CND Foundation course and am still practising as much as possible but am also doing normal manicures on friends. When I was at college doing my VTCT Man/Ped course we were taught to do everything in order ie file nails, apply cuticle massage cream soak hands then apply cuticle cream (all bought from Sallys) etc etc...... Since my CND course I have obviously bought loads of there products and am wanting to use them when doing manicures. Can anyone tell me is it necessary to soak nails as I wouldn't be using cuticle cream, would I just use creative cuticle remover and wipe off with citrus soak then do I use solar oil and would I need to use scrub fresh before the base coat????? Annie

I understand your dilemma I did my VTCT manicure at college and when I did the FDFC I got in a bit of a muddle.

Anyway what I do is this:

It is not essential to soak the nails infact if the nails are prone to peeling or flaking or not keeping enamel on very well then its best to avoid soaking!

I file and shape the nails, apply a blob of cuticle remover then with my cuticle pushie I ensure that the lateral walls and cuticle area is covered. I push back the cuticles. Then with my cuticle chisel I gently but thoroughly remove all dissolved dead tissue from the nail plate.

I then get a little bottle of citrusoak in water and spray the nails and gently scrub the any remaining cuticle remover. At this stage if the cuticles are really dry and hard I massage in cuticle eraser and solar oil. Then I scrub fresh the nail plate in preperation for base coat, enamel and top coat. Finish with Solar speed Spray

There are variations on this theme depending on your clients needs but I hope this gives you a general idea.

Yes thats perfect I just needed to get my head round the order of things. I have only got solar oil in bottle not the spray could I brush that over the top coat instead? Annie

Course you can... It still helps to dry the enamel and moisturises the surrounding skin.(when you apply the oil over the cuticle gently sweep over the enameled nail and underneath as you massage it in being alert to the fact the enamel is only touch dry) I would wait at least a minute after application to ensure that you don't smudge your nicely painted nails.

Thanks for that will certainly follow that procedure next time! By the way what a lovely part of the country you live in was there in Feb for a family reunion, went to Warwick Castle! Annie x

Anytime Annie:biggrin: glad I could help.

And thank you ..... its a great place to live!

Latest posts

Back