Manicure Table On E-bay Comments Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancslass

Reaction score
Hi peeps

Only me, Im after a new tech table but cant really afford somethind very expensive at the moment and have had a look on e-bay and have found quite a big one going for £77 AT THE MOMENT

please would you all have a look at it search under all catagories for nail table and you will see it PROFESSIONAL NAIL TECHNICIAN TABLE

please advise if you think it is worth the money and if you think it looks like a manicure table or a computer table as im undisided

regards

I think it looks really nice - looks like quite good build quality. I don't think it looks like a computer table at all.

I like the idea of being able to position the swing out table where you want - the glass shelf is ideal for retail items and the wooden shelves great for towels etc.

The seller has good feedback - although he hasn't sold much.

He's sold another manicure table/desk, so I would guess he has access to a wholesaler - or has recently closed a salon.

Delivery is £25 which isn't bad for something that big

I'd go for it

HTH
Trin
xx

Thanks for looking trinity i really do appreciate that hun ,my hubby thought it looked like a pc table so was a bit worried lol

Trinity Nails said:
I think it looks really nice - looks like quite good build quality. I don't think it looks like a computer table at all.

I like the idea of being able to position the swing out table where you want - the glass shelf is ideal for retail items and the wooden shelves great for towels etc.

The seller has good feedback - although he hasn't sold much.

He's sold another manicure table/desk, so I would guess he has access to a wholesaler - or has recently closed a salon.

Delivery is £25 which isn't bad for something that big

I'd go for it

HTH
Trin
xx

Hi Lisa,

I think it's rather bulky to be honest, there are no drawers which means your products are gonna be all over the place unless you buy some but then where would you put your drawers if both sides of the desk already have stuff on them. This is just my opinion though, I think its a bargain but not as a nail desk.

I would personally go for a very plain table and an additional cabinet of roughly the same size to go next to it which has cupbaords, drawers and basically everything stored neatly away yet accessible and out of the clients view. Then again, I am very plain lol!! :)

Sorry I'm terrible at this! :o

xxxx

Thanks rose

i dont know weather to go for it as my room is small but im sure i could arrange it so it looked good

i am working on my old mobile table at the moment and it moves all the time as it is set on wheels lol

my customers laugh as i say its haunted

tryng to keep it light hearted hahahahahaha
Rose143 said:
Hi Lisa,

I think it's rather bulky to be honest, there are no drawers which means your products are gonna be all over the place unless you buy some but then where would you put your drawers if both sides of the desk already have stuff on them. This is just my opinion though, I think its a bargain but not as a nail desk.

I would personally go for a very plain table and an additional cabinet of roughly the same size to go next to it which has cupbaords, drawers and basically everything stored neatly away yet accessible and out of the clients view. Then again, I am very plain lol!! :)

Sorry I'm terrible at this! :o

xxxx

lancslass said:
Thanks rose

i dont know weather to go for it as my room is small but im sure i could arrange it so it looked good

i am working on my old mobile table at the moment and it moves all the time as it is set on wheels lol

my customers laugh as i say its haunted

tryng to keep it light hearted hahahahahaha

Bless you, that's fine sweetheart, it's just you also don't want a little room to look too cluttered ..... but then I also know how difficult it is to find a good priced nail desk. I just think you could do better, again, just my opinion hun. :hug:

xxxx

Thanks rose

your comment have been noted and digested lol

i have 20 hours to make my mind up

thanks chick x:hug:

Rose143 said:
Bless you, that's fine sweetheart, it's just you also don't want a little room to look too cluttered ..... but then I also know how difficult it is to find a good priced nail desk. I just think you could do better, again, just my opinion hun.

xxxx

It does look like a nice desk... and I guess it could double up as a computer work station. I am not sure that it will go for £77 tho, by the end of the auction I have seen a similar one of these desks go for £125. Still a cheap desk however, it depends on your budget.

I think it looks great, but you would definitely do better with some drawers or a cupboard to hand also. I have both and keep all my stock in the cupboard out of the way and dust. The price is quite good though. Just had a quick look at the Argos one, that is brilliant for 26.99. Honestly couldnt go wrong with that could you!? Let us know what you decide. I think a bit wold depend on how much space you have available.

i like the one from argos better too. I was actually needing a folding table (a cheap one), to carry with me to peoples houses. When i went into the argos website i typed in picnic table and one came up for 14.99 and it folds away. Can any of you have a look and tell me if you think it is suitable. their is a link on this page somewhere.

it's a computer table, i think everyone will notice!!!
you are going to be popular from gossip about the nail tech with the computer table LOL.:D

i use the desk from argos. its great. sturdy, plenty of storage. only problem ive found is that the back of the drawers is all open. because its meant as a desk to go against a wall. so make sure you have something to cover it up with. like a poster or even 'finish' it off and get some matching wood.

I don't think it being a computer table is a problem, personally I've seen 'proper' manicurist tables that I think look much shoddier than your average computer table. I have a computer table I got last year from Focus, it was an absolute bargain: £32 and it has a swing out section plus two shelves. I then have a set of drawers in the corner of the room (nice silver mesh ones from Argos), and also one of those sets of shelves that are often listed under 'bathroom storage' that hangs over the back of the door.
The only problem I'd see with this table is that the swing-out table, if put away, might block all the leg space under the table. Otherwise I think it's quite a good design as you've got storage space on the shelves and a display space with the glass shelf, which is nice.
I keep all my products in a separate set of drawers, as I said, and only get out what I need for each treatment. My room is only small (2.5m square.. not sure what that is in feet) and I can fit everything on OK, the trick is to draw yourself an honest floor plan, taking into account how much room you need to move around things, and make use of wall space by getting wall mounted cabinets (maybe kitchen cabinets or even bathroom cabinets), shelves and door-back storage to save on floor space used.
I just wouldn't spend £80 on it, shop around and see what you can get cheaper in the computer desk market.

Katelisa said:
i use the desk from argos. its great. sturdy, plenty of storage. only problem ive found is that the back of the drawers is all open. because its meant as a desk to go against a wall. so make sure you have something to cover it up with. like a poster or even 'finish' it off and get some matching wood.

my dad got something to put on the back of the draws now youd never notice

Sparklepink said:
i have some desks in my training are which are nice as nail desks
i got them from argos
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=3151&productId=121748&Trail=C$cip=21587>C$cip=21660&categoryId=21660
they are a good price :) and have loads of room for storage

hth

Jess
xox

I have this desk from Argos. Really lovely. Lots of storage and still does not take up alot of room. The one on ebay seems to be quite wide and not too practical for a small room. Its going for just over a £100 at the moment!

Sorry, i think it IS a computer table....BUT i think it looks really nice. You could probably get a cheaper one from argos tho'

Latest posts

Back